Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • STW – end of year thanks …
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

This time of year, I try to think about those people who quietly get on and do things that make life just a bit better – either for me personally or for everyone in general – and to give them a card / gift to let them know that what they do is really appreciated.

So, a STW world version 🙂

In it’s own funny, anonymous, not ‘real life’ kind of way, this forum as been (mostly!) great – you guys have made me laugh, occassionally cry, been supportive, and helped with all manner of bike-related queries.

But the following thanks go out those folks who make a really positive contribution to many people’s life’s via this forum:

– all of you who organise forum rides and events: lots of work to bring other people together to have a good time

– the moderators of STW: a thankless, unpaid task which is often criticised but by keep a watching eye at all hours they stop the worst of the unpleasant comments

– those who rally round to support someone who is genuinely having a hard time: sometimes the anonminity of the forum can help people talk about things they’d find difficult in ‘RL’

Don’t want to ‘name names’ as there are too many of you to mention, but virutal gifts and thanks coming to all of you x

PS – and I’ve even managed to get this post in the right forum!

Northwind

Good post!

(do you mind if folks add to it or would that be jacking your thread?)

Sue_W
    Free Member

Northwind – add away!

Should have said that at the end … who / what would your STW thanks go to?

Pigface
    Free Member

My favourite thread of the year was the Rugby World Cup lots of fun banter so thanks to all who contributed to that.

STW is a fun place to hang out you see all of lifes rich tapestry good and not so good.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I loved the RWC thread – it got shirty at times..xenophobia was even mentioned but it still soldiered on past three thousand posts and a few new Plastics were unearthed along the way. Lots of laughs…just a pity about Pigface being on it. 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’d just like to thank my moms, my dad, my trainer, my agent and publicist, my teachers when I was in school, everyone who believed in me, but most of all JC.

Pigface
    Free Member

At least I never threatened to beat the shit out of you 😉

Merry Christmas you hunk of Irish love you x x

BoardinBob

Big thanks to STW for hours of reading material on the toilet this year.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

For me some good days riding locally and down south near manchester, some route advice as well which gave me a couple of my years riding highlights

I find it heartening how easily the rivalries and rows are put aside when help is needed

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Merry Christmas you hunk of Irish love you x x

Same to you Piggie. And the best for the new year. Looking forward to the opening weekend of the 6N. 😛

clubber
    Free Member

I find it heartening how easily the rivalries and rows are put aside when help is needed

Indeed. Which kind of shows how silly they really are…

Thanks to all the mods/ST mag people and most of the forum users for making STW a brilliant community

Have a happy Xmas all.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Joyeux Noel leclub 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

top’o’the Solstice to you DD 😉

Maybe actually get out for a spin in 2012…?

yunki
    Free Member

I’d like to send out a big thankyou to everyone who extended such a warm welcome when I became a permanent Dartmoor resident at the beginning of this year including Crispybacon down in Cornwall..

A special thanks to Trailmonkey.. I’ve had very little time for exploring due to health issues and time constraints.. Without his help I would have still been hunting for some of the less publicised trails when I was old and grey(er)..

merry Chrimbo to everyone on the forum..

Kryton57

– the moderators of STW: a thankless, unpaid task which is often criticised but by keep a watching eye at all hours they stop the worst of the unpleasant comments

Mods don’t get paid? 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

the mods do get paid, see that little ‘P’ next to my name… that’s me paying their wages 😈

Sue_W
    Free Member

Some do, some don’t. I just wanted to say thanks to them, as I think an unmoderated forum would be a worse place to be.

So, to return to being a bit more positive 😉

Philc – big thanks to you, as (underneath the p*ss taking!) you’ve done loads: organised rides and been really supportive to some people who’ve been having a hard time …

So stop being an argumentative grumbleweed and tell us who (if anyone) you’d like to say thanks to 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

Everytime the mods mod someone, they get a little crotch tingle.

That’s payment enough.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’d like to say that I love all of you in different ways, some in a virtual hands off kind of way and others in a full contact, sweaty heap of lust kind of way.
    It’s all good for me.

philconsequence
    Free Member

thank you Sue 😀 even when i’m stressed i struggle to be a grumbleweed :mrgreen:

personally i’d like to say thanks to everyone, even the angry foooooooools help make this place what it is… and when it comes down to it its usually the people who come across the most stubborn on here that are the most passionate in real life and are sometimes the first to offer help when somebody really needs it 🙂

special mention goes out to peterpoddy, rusty mac, yeti and jedi who have all helped me personally with bike/riding problems.

trick with this place, like the real world is to try and be a nice person who’s considerate and kind to everyone, just like how i’d like to be treated!

tazzymtb

I’d like to thank everyone for providing me with a temporary sanctuary from the real world unfortunately like all good things it must come to end and I really need to go and sort some issues out.

Happy festive crimbleybobbins

see you at the races/events

Mark

the mods do get paid, see that little ‘P’ next to my name… that’s me paying their wages

Mods are volunteers and they are bloody awesome! 🙂

beckykirk43
    Free Member

A general thanks to all STW-ers from me!

Can always count on getting what you need – be it a smile, motivation, the answer to everything or something new to put on the bike!

😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yup, thanks to all who’ve offered some great advice (got to especially thank SBZ for his physio related tips.)

Also to PhilC for sorting out the swinley ride… and for his many many lol catz, I honestly can’t get enough of them! 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Loads of peeps, but spesh menshun to those who helped out with advice and even free tools and wood on my woodworking thread; particularly GeoffJ, Grantway, Khani and Sir Dezinald of Brewster. 🙂

Northwind

Aye, thanks to all the mods… and to all the merry crew of lunatics that keep this place interesting and require us to have all those mods :mrgreen:

Also, The Bike Chain and all the knights of pentlandonia for the rides and the chat, and anyone from Innerleithen MTB Racing and No Fuss Events for the best races ever…

cinnamon_girl

Good call Sue! Thanks to all those who have made me laugh and helped with my bimbo questions. Tis a good place to be. 8)

Peace and good health to all.

trailmonkey

thanks to my riding buddies, all of whom are residents of this forum, for their awesomeness and good company.

*raises a glass to yunki*

thanks to the white room for the best week i’ve ever spent on my bike

thanks also to the unwilling stooges of this forum who are the virtual wasps nest that i can’t help but poke with a stick when i am bored.

merry christmas everyone

yetirose
    Free Member

Thank you everyone on here for frequent escapes from the real world when i need them , cheers 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

trick with this place, like the real world is to try and be a nice person who’s considerate and kind to everyone, just like how i’d like to be treated!

+1

in a former life, on other (non-bike related) forums, i used to troll horrendously. gets you nowhere. total waste of time, in the long run.

i’m much happier these days, now that i just ignore the silly crap that forums occasionally (and inevitably) descend into.

so yeah, basically my thanks go to anyone who’s offered advice to anybody else on here, everyone on here that knows me out in the real world, everyone who entered our races and marshalled for us (the Brownbacks races at lee quarry) and that should probably cover it for me!

lowey

Go on then…

My year has been a proper crapper… But this thread really helped.

those who rally round to support someone who is genuinely having a hard time: sometimes the anonminity of the forum can help people talk about things they’d find difficult in ‘RL’

From sorting out on average 4 forum rides (northern chapter) every last few years.. I managed 1 this Year… The cheer Ton up ride.. but that was worth it.

This place has given me routes, bikes, bike parts when i needed them, advice, a big **** off virtual hug, but most important.. lots of good people who I can now call friends.

I love STW.

project
    Free Member

Big thanks to all at STW HQ, for allowing us out,of our cages.

The mods who have only warned me once,

All the contributors who are sometimes so funny,helpfull, annoying, petty, and ever so helpful and supportive, all in a thread.

Happy and prosperous new year to you all.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘STW – end of year thanks …’ is closed to new replies.