Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • STW dads – how's Father's Day panning out then?
  • binners

In a previously unprecedented ocurence, I’ve been given the TV remote control for the day, watched the Moto GP with a beer, I’ve just fired the barby up so me and me dad can eat own body weights in red meat*, and then I’m going to spend the evening watching football, and drinking the nice Malbec my daughters bought me. Nice! 😀

How about you lot then?

* the vegan child of previous Maccy D’s thread infamy has just turned up. Coincidence?

yunki
    Free Member

Usually the wee yunkis stay with me from Wednesday to Sunday, but I’m having them an extra night this week cos their mum is playing roller derby today and won’t be back until late..
    So far I have been treated to a hassle free lie-in, playing connex and Plants vs Zombies and I’m about to cook the three of us a big fat Sunday roast (fish fingers, mash and peas)

MoreCashThanDash

MrsMCTD has been away all weekend at a Guide camp, so I’ve had loads of quality time with the Deadly Duo this weekend.

Was awakened by LittleMissMC and a menagerie of cuddly toys at 6.30 this morning, who all piled into bed and watched the England v Italy repeat. Her older brother popped his head round the door at 7 to deliver my card and a small “HMS Victory in a bottle” that he got me while on a school trip a couple of weeks ago. Which prompted his sister to find me her card and two bottles beautifully filled with multi-coloured sand. Luckily the corks stayed in as she threw on the bed…

Lazy morning sorting washing and ironing and chivvying on homework, then over to my folks for lunch – homemade lasagne and rhubarb crumble.

Jnr has decided he isn’t going to swimming training this afternoon after yesterdays charitable exertions, so we’ll get his sister along there later for her lesson, by which time their mum should be back with a ton of washing and probably half a dozen damp tents to go in the garage to dry out.

Only difference to a normal Sunday is that I’ve not got out on a bike and I’ve not had the Mrs nagging me about anything – yet!

crankboy
    Free Member

3 year old crankbrat gave me chocolates that became concealed behind a card cue the following conversation ” daddy where are the chocolates I got you?” ” they are in my tummy” ” no they are not ” ” yes they are I ate them all while you were in the kitchen” face crumples with utter desolation:-
    ” But I was going to share those with you ! ” he says eyes welling with tears.

stimpy
    Free Member

Working since 7.30am.

bigblackshed

A variety pack of ales from my boys. About fire up the BBQ for beer can chicken with hickory smoke chips. MMMMMMMM.

ampthill

I asked my family about this and was told

“well your allowed an outing later”

On the plus side i’m expected to do naff all extra on mothers day

taffy
    Free Member

My lad is wiht his grandparents in wals so.. calm has decended! till he comes back supercharged next week. they did phone and prompt him to say “hello dad.. happy fathers day.. i love you” which was sweet. I pootled this morning intterupted by a dash to the vets wiht a cat with a costly maladie 🙁

m0rk
    Free Member

Got up and went out early doors for a ride up on Butser & QECP, back home & held hands and walked all the way round Marwell Zoo with my little girl

Now curled up watching Dispicable Me

wanmankylung
    Free Member

We went over to Falkirk to see the Kelpies and play in the water jets. Twas a good couple of hours. Now about to lie on the couch and watch Frozen with my daughter.

Drac

Work until 7am got home, wished the wife a happy birthday, fell asleep and woke up about 1pm, had some breakfast, tidied the house, fixed the MIL wifi and now back home to head back to bed for some sleep. So yeah just another day.

fasthaggis

Mixed.

Had a great lazy morning with my boys after staying up last night to watch the match,but it’s one of the days when I miss my dad the most.

When they were little and I would lose patience with them,I would say sorry for being a grumpy dad.
    Their reply was often (and what was in the card this morning)
    “It’s ok,you’re just the dad we need”.

I wish I had told mine that.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I didn’t get home until 9 this morning (should have been midnight), at which time I was presented with a box of handmade (at nursery) cookies and some chocolates, and what purport to be Fathers Day cards. After a glorious 5.5 hrs in bed with only one interruption (middle child woke me to show me that he had successfully inflated a balloon all by himself), I am now having a much needed dump before I go back to work to see if any progress has been made with last nights carnage. On the plus side, the evidence I have just seen in the lounge indicates that the cookies were delicious, as were 80% of the chocolates. I shall probably indulge myself with a kebab later on.

MrOvershoot

Drac – Moderator

Work until 7am got home, wished the wife a happy birthday, fell asleep and woke up about 1pm, had some breakfast, tidied the house, fixed the MIL wifi and now back home to head back to bed for some sleep. So yeah just another day.
    I was passing through Alnwick @ about 1pm, hope my gasping for air breathing didn’t wake you 😉

Kryton57

I was presented with a replacement to the pair of Birkenstocks for indoors I left on Holiday last year by my kids. Its like a pair of old friends have moved back onto my feet.

Plus my choice of how the day pans out for me, which was an MTB poodle this morning, strictly no strava or HR/Power based efforts, pausing for cake & tea. Then followed by an afternoon on the sofa watching the Dauphine & Tour de Suisse.

daveh
    Free Member

Not great, up 12.30-04:30 with the little one being sick, then up again at 07:30 when she woke up again. A home made card and clay model thingies, though a toblerone is always welcome. Missus is due this week and for the last week hasn’t been able to walk without pain so the furthest we’ve ventured is the back garden (for me to do some weeding). No biking as im on hospital run standby. All good practice for the sleep deprived chaos that’s about to let loose…

matt_bl
    Free Member

All good, bimble round Lee and Cragg Quarry this morning, back in time for hugs and chocolates (shared obviously!) from my daughter and a Sunday dinner cooked by the other half.

Matt

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Did a half iron man today. Did think of the nipper a few times on the way round. I’m not sure she’s as proud of her dad as she should be 😉

ratadog

Also on clean up duty overnight for offspring being sick, which mucked up family dinner plans for today. Have had t shirt and bike light as gift.

Been out with other offsping to visit a few local artists studios, they have an annual Open Studios scheme so part cultural event, part short random car journeys.

Feeling completely knackered from 36 hours with minimal sleep on back of a day out with local Youth Club yesterday and three 12-14 hour days doing a course for work in the latter part of last week.

Likely to be grumpy at work until at least Wednesday.

Harry_the_Spider

Went to bed after the England triumph after a 21 hour day.

Got jumped on by my son at 5:30 am.

Watched Lord of the Rings with afore mentioned son.

Cleared cat shit out of front garden.

Installed anti cat shit measures

Went to local carnival.

Cleared fresh cat shit out of garden.

Got a copy of Guy Martin’s book.

iolo
    Free Member

Who needs kids 😀

bearnecessities

Ronald McDonald.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

First one without my old man – tough 🙁

Drac

I was passing through Alnwick @ about 1pm, hope my gasping for air breathing didn’t wake you

Probably not but I may have sensed a stranger in town.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My dad died 25 years ago and I have no kids. Not a good day to be out in pubs/restaurants for me.
    Great day on the bike,

rob2
    Free Member

Well an odd one.

My wife’s sister was rushed to hospital yesterday, had a 4 hour operation so my wife is with her in intensive care.

My mum and I took the kids to the sustainability show in Taunton, then had chicken pie and now doing Lego and watching cbeebies.

No bike action but might get out tomorrow.

MrOvershoot

Sorry for that Drac, I also shouted HELLO at two chaps on Fat Bikes in Amble just over 1/2 hour later.

Now back near Morpeth with very tired legs, that climb up to Corby’s Crags is a bit of a pull 😮
    Though I’m about to cook some nice juicy sirloin steaks for the In-Laws from http://www.greenbutcher.co.uk/
    Peppercorn sauce made this morning so well matured

mightymule
    Free Member

Sent Mr Mule Senior a “Happy Daddy Day” text.Which will undoubtedly surprise him as he will have no idea that it’s father’s day 😆

Neither of Mr Mule’s kids appear to have bothered to get in touch with him 👿

TiRed

Raced the national masters circuit race. Family arrived just missing the finish. Pub for lunch, walk in Windsor Great Park, football watching.

luke
    Free Member

Started off watching the football then a baseball match a couple of hours kip then up to pack the wife off to work at 6am then sorted the kids and have been on car park duty with the scouts all day now cooking for the kids and will cook again for the wife later when she gets home at about.10pm.
    Did get a card from the kids and just bought myself some cider and a.big bar of chocolate

D0NK

Not bad considering youngest has the pox and eldest is in an arsey mood, up at 5, spent a few hours with them before beggaring off for a thigh burning few hours ragging the road bike (road rage aside was a good run out) Treated myself to a baked Camembert refuel, chilling out now while mrs finishes baking my cake, couple of books off the kids that I’m looking forward to reading, maybe a tipple later.

Legs tired, v.sleepy, contented.

tinybits
    Free Member

Pretty pap. Got a ‘your presents not here yet’ from Mrs this morning, and was then told ‘and it’s not worth waiting for’! Tried to sort the garden this morning, however due to mrs bits sodding off to her mothers for 2 hours, I had to stay within 5yards if the house so I could listen for micro bits waking up.
    I then drove the ride on mower into a tree and bent it (I’ve bent it back!) and then heard a puncture as I put it into the garage.
    I’ve now finished the playhouse for minibits, and I’m cooking my wife HER favourite roast lamb.
    I think this is somehow wrong?

martinhutch

Free pass for a day’s riding in the south Lakes. Result! Apart from meeting the same 4×4 guiding company at the same rocky bit on the Nibthwaite descent for the third time in a row.

geoffj

Two bike rides!
    15k pootle with the family this morning and the 40k road ride this afternoon.
    Just need to setup my Garmin vivofit up now 🙂

daftvader
    Free Member

Got out early to go fishing, mrsvader and minivader turned up at about 10 with Bacon and sausage sarnies the next spent an hour and a half fishing with the boy. They then left me to it and I came home to steak dinner…. Nice!

shooterman

Interference from mother in law earlier has led to an argument and no dinner!

tinybits
    Free Member

Oh, and I’ve just been bollocked ‘for always being in a grump, it’s so waring….’ as I cleaned up micro bits entire dinner after he puked it up in his cot!

I remember single days just too fondly!

matt_outandabout

Yesterday up Innerliethan for a tootle.
    Today, beer, traditional lemonade, nuts and choccy were presented at 7am on the dot. 😆
    Spent the rest of the day doing usual DIY, removing two stuck BB’s and rebuilding a bike, then a wee play out round park and BMX track with eldest.
    8)

Bregante

I’ve been at work all day. Just had a lovely roast dinner cooked by my lovely wife and a lovely chocolate cake baked by my lovely kids. No beer though due to a self imposed 6 week ban 😕

STW dads – how’s Father’s Day panning out then?

Interesting choice of words. *Suspects binners has been giving my Mrs present buying ideas.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Had to remind my two it was father’s day after we had been up for 1he and a bit. Got my cards, Worlds best Dad mug™ and chocolate orange. Thanks to my mum for having bought it all, can’t expect miserable boot of an ex to make an effort.
    Pulled a muscle in my back on Friday so gentle scum ride with kids today polished off with coffee and ice cream, barbeque and now listening to James on 6Music. Cheers and enjoy yours.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘STW dads – how's Father's Day panning out then?’ is closed to new replies.