Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • Stupidest thing you've done today?
  • paulb2

I mentioned to my wife about pondering on a new bike.

teethgrinder

teamslug – Member
    Made an offer on a bike in classifieds even though wife says n+1=D.

D.I.VO.R.C.E or The D? Asking that could be your second mistake.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Turned up 4 minutes late to an assessment day for a potential new job. Turns out the boss has a serious issue with people not showing punctuality.

Did that with an RAF interview.

😳

lowcogger
    Free Member

spent god knows how long reading a 6 page thread on here about how much a guys giant trance weighs.i need to get out more.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I went out on the CXer, it’s blowing 35knts and I wished I hadn’t.

slowbloke
    Free Member

Spent ages reading through Glasto Chat to see if there was anything more interesting than endless “Foo Fighters speculation” – there wasn’t…..

PiknMix
    Free Member

I’ll just leave this here

withersea
    Free Member

Two major errors:

1) went to London, and
    2) took the Circle Line

One bonus, on train back to Leeds. 😀

breadcrumb

Clipped a stillage with a fork lift today. Luckily it was just a loud bang and no damage.

chrisridesbikes
    Free Member

Nipped to the doctors for some paperwork.. Locked up the bike outside good and secure.. came back out to see my backpack sat next to the bike with laptop etc. poking out of the top..

simmy
    Free Member

Cracked the windscreen on my van whilst changing the wipers.
    Lifted the wiper arm then caught it and it smashed into the screen.

I did this. If it helps, you won’t do it again…

Too right.

I have changed loads of wipers as I used to work in a garage but this one was a bit stuck and I lifted it clear then caught the end of the wiper arm with my jacket then smash.

Gonna be about £150 to replace but at least it’s passenger side and at the bottom of the screen so I may get away with it for a few weeks.

birdage

Rare day off today. Did my back in by 10.20am and been in bed ever since unable to move….

MoreCashThanDash

Rear wheel didn’t wait! Racing Ralph even tighter. 👿 And only 420g saved. Still, the generosity of a wonderful chap on here means we’ve taken 940g off the rolling weight of her bike for a bargaintastic £60!

LittleMissMC is very happy with her dad today!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Tore my calf muscle doing circuit training at lunch time. Must learn to arrive on time and not miss the warm up.

cyclingmev
    Free Member

Decorated the kitchen with Guinness cake mixture…over enthusiastic mixing with electric whisk….

andeh

Service forks.

Put back together.

Pump up.

See bottom out bumper on table.

👿

thegreatape
    Free Member

Just put a bit of extra air in

onandon
    Free Member

Assuming stupid people on trains are aware just how ignorant they are .

FOG

Packed car and loaded bikes for a big day out with a mate only to discover I had lost my car keys and my son 500 miles away had the spare. The mate was very patient but after an hours searching he was getting irritated. Finally found them in my walking boots . I know, I know , obvious really. We did get a ride in!

davidjey
    Free Member

Decorated the kitchen with Guinness cake mixture…over enthusiastic mixing with electric whisk

You sound like my wife. If you are in fact my wife, what are you doing on a forum for MTBers? And why are you at home making cake and not at work?

bearnecessities

No brake pads 😯

nant
    Free Member

Gorgeous weather outside on my day off. But I’m feeling a bit down, sat on the sofa eating chocolate.

Sui
    Free Member

Dare to question if the missus opinion on someone had changed – we’re now splitting up apparently.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Just drained the oil out the car, replaced the filter, then poured 5 litres of expensive premium synthetic oil into the engine, only to realise I’d forgotten to refit the sump plug. So it all poured straight out onto my nice block-paving driveway….

And in a mad panic to dive under the car to fit the sump plug, I knocked the waste oil container, spilling loads of old black oil onto the driveway.

I attempted to clean up the oil using flour from the kitchen, and managed to get old black oil stains all over that container….so no chance of hiding this one from my wife 😳

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Pik N Mix tried to microwave his marge….

Today I just took a really challenging job. Best not screw-up.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

For the oil, try covering it with soda crystals after removing the excess. Then scrub and wash off.

singlespeedstu

DiscJockey.
    With that kind of luck I’d maybe not touch your nob for a while as it might fall off.

singletrackmind

Winterfest beer festival followed by 3hrs of walk / pub / ferry / taxi / ferry/ pub /walk/ pub/walk /chippy/home
    Fell asleep with cup of tea in my hand once I made it home.
    Cup of tea is now in the memory foam mattress.
    and I now have to reverse the journey to recover my car , but this time I will avoid the pub crawl section and take a bike to avoid the £10 taxi fare section and cut the journey time to 1hr

deviant
    Free Member

Spent an ungodly amount at Superstar….apparently I’ve convinced myself that my DH bike, my FS and my HT do all really need spare wheels with wet/mud rubber already installed to save me the faff of changing tyres over according to conditions.

Best get some overtime in this month’

PiknMix
    Free Member

Pik N Mix tried to microwave his marge….

Guilty as charged, it went everywhere!

DiscJockey
    Free Member

gofast / stu, thanks for the advice. I’ll get scrubbing and avoid any fiddling 😉

dumbbot
    Free Member

cross thread a BB….utter fanny

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Extended my route home from work to ~14.6 miles instead of the direct ~4.5, I sweated like someone born outside wedlock with my work jacket on! 😆

milky1980
    Free Member

Put a new gear cable on the commuter bike.
    Then put new brake blocks on the front.
    Sat down to watch the Wales game.
    Forgot I’d already done the gear cable so went to do it.
    Cut the (new) gear cable where it runs externally down the downtube.
    Turn around to grab the new one I had on the shelf, not there.

Just spent 20 mins looking for it before realising what I’d done 😳

wiggles
    Free Member

Bought a new frame within an hour of having an argument with the mrs about having too many bikes…

dufusdip
    Free Member

Think I’m allowed a double post…

Left my spare gear hanger in my pack at home when going for a run in the axle deep mud and hosing rain.

Inevitable happened.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Shortening chain with speed link to go single speed omitted to factor in the oval ring

Return home was a quarter pedal rewind and repeat in 11t. Now have one massive quad…

tillydog
    Free Member

Cup of tea is now in the memory foam mattress.

You realise that nobody will believe that explanation for the stain…

singlespeedstu

Shortening chain with speed link to go single speed omitted to factor in the oval ring

Return home was a quarter pedal rewind and repeat in 11t. Now have one massive quad…

Really 🙄
    Use oval rings on ss bike all the time.

soundninjauk

Tried to keep up with my brother on a longish Surrey Hills route. Definite tactical error as I’ve spent the rest of the day feeling utterly destroyed.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Stupidest thing you've done today?’ is closed to new replies.