Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Stupid names!
  • TiRed

One of our PA’s is called Airdreamer. Great name. My name, however has an odds ratio of 4 for being in prison 🙄

MrsToast
    Free Member

There’s a Hungarian guy at our place called Zoltan – bloody great name!

mattbee

Guy once applied for a job with me, name of Tyrone S. Love. I decided that if the middle name was Sweet, he could have a job, no interview or owt, just to answer the ‘phone and give his name.

Turned out it was Stephen.

Hope he found employment somewhere…..

toab
    Free Member

Someone asked me about my “funny made-up name” the other day. My name is Tobias, which I think is in the old testament.

Wozza
    Free Member

I’m told by one of my school teacher friends that they saw this as the correct spelling of one of the kids in her class.

Le-a

(Le’dash’a) 🙄

I called b*llsh*t, but she swears it’s true.

donsimon
    Free Member

Biblical names are what do it for me. Hate ’em.

You wouldn’t enjoy it here then, more Jesúses (or should that be Jesi?) than you can shake a stick at.

A fair smattering of Purificaciónes, Inmacaladas and Concepciónes!

EDIT: Better add that my name translates into “sump” from Spanish, so it works both ways. 😆

nickf
    Free Member

I have no idea what she sang like, but the very idea of one of the X Factor contestants being called Treyc was enough to confirm that I’ll never watch that show even on pain of death.

Took me several readings of the name to realise what the pronunciation was supposed to be.

hels
    Free Member

Caught a microsecond of “River City” last night, one of the kids is called “Madonna” laughed all night over that one.

Guy from Papua New Guinea used to come in the Uni library I worked in in NZ called John Thomas. Was quite easy not to laugh when he came up to the desk, very big and scary looking. We also had a Richard Head on the users directory.

intode_void
    Free Member

An acquaintance of mine has called his son Aaron but spells it Airwren as he says his son is the air he breathes and the wren is his favourite free spirit bird…I think he may use a lot of illicit substances!

sslowpace
    Free Member

Heard in the high street ‘Tia! Tia! Tia-Maria you bloody come here now!’

My vets’ son is called Hugh. His surname is Cumber!
    I also know of a Cherry Bush!

+1 for the tea test

derek_starship
    Free Member

This is absolutely true.

The brother of a friend of mine is one of those (stupid) Man Utd fans and idolised Eric Cantona in his days at Old Trafford.

Anyway – his girlfriend got pregnant and they decided that if they had a boy they would call it Eric.

This plan was scuppered when a little baby girl arrived so….what did they call her? Erica perhaps?

No.

They called her Cantonia.

Incroyable.

ssboggy

Was Jethro Tull’s wife called Jenny?

IGMC 😀

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

At various times in the army, my dad met a Captain Courage and a Sergeant Slaughter. 2000AD-tastic!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I wanted to call my first son Buster. My wife was having none of it.

She said if we get a dog I can call it Buster instead…

mefty
    Free Member

BH – I met a General Courage – depending how old your father is may be the same chap – he was a descendant of the Reading brewing family. With whom did your father serve?

Woody
    Free Member

There’s a Hungarian guy at our place called Zoltan

One of the best players Aberdeen ever had was called Zoltan Varga (showing my age there)!

Re biblical names, my mate married a Sarah, who has sisters Emma and Rebecca and a brother called Matthew !

mefty
    Free Member

I know a Willam Cock and one of his middle names is Richard.

sc-xc

I know of a Zepharina.

paulos
    Free Member

we have had an italian at work called marco ferrari. how cool

PeteG55
    Free Member

I present the motoring correspondent on BBC Radio Gloucestershire, Zog Ziegler!

redthunder
    Free Member

Chlamydia

That’s a good girls name 🙂

slimtubing
    Free Member

My mate works with a Keaton Keaton, affectionately known as Keaton squared.
    I myself worked with a nice lad called Christian Leader.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Zepharina:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkuKtTqEJVA[/video]

my sister went to school with Mr & Mrs Gentle’s daughter. Name of Carmen. I kid you not

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

mefty – Member
    BH – I met a General Courage – depending how old your father is may be the same chap – he was a descendant of the Reading brewing family. With whom did your father serve?

He’s 61 now and retired in 2003, so he’d have been 53 at the time.

Served with the RTR, retiring as a Brigadier.

mefty
    Free Member

My guess the guy i met is a bit older, probably 70 now.

Edric64
    Free Member

Edric64
    Free Member

Was Jethro Tull’s wife called Jenny?

No he married Susannah Smith

UncleFred
    Free Member

Twin Girls will be arriving in the UncleFred household in a couple of weeks. I want Pixie and Trixie but the wife won’t have it…

1981miked
    Free Member

I was at School with a guy called Fred Braid, we called him toastie! Ha ha. Not really.

I know a Mr C Lyon tho. I have got him a few times with “this guy phoned for you, just phone this number (local sea life centre) and say who u are”

I like Mr G Raff aswell.

My missus works in a shop and has heard of a Troy, Pocahontas, Porsche -Lea…wait for the posh surname! Brown! Ha ha. A Bunty, Tellulah and a Boris!

Oh dear.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Where I work, I know of a Dr. James Mason & Dr. Rong Dong 😀

plumber
    Free Member

I have taught Bubbles St Clair – true name

and last year worked in an office next to Neal Thunderchief head

loddrik
    Free Member

When my uncle lived in the states in the 60’s he had a mate who was native American. His name was George Standingatthedoor (honestly). Something to do with native Americans having names which reflected things that happened when they were born.

Earl
    Free Member

In the NZ news recently.
    Someone had named their kid ‘ASDF’

Fast to type, unpronouncable.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Come across loads on my courier duties..best one of late; Eardley Gear.
    Pretty cool.

sslowpace
    Free Member

here

Earl- similar thing in NZ, someone named their twins…. Benson and Hedges.

Kit
    Free Member

Once knew a girl called Randy.
    Been with a lass called Velvet.
    Brother met a guy called Versace McKlatchey

🙂

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

The Para’s had a Major Pine-Coffin

Also Drew’s not funny if your last name is Peacock

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I don’t know if it’s only me but whenever Fenella Fudge reads the news I damn near piss me pants

T666DOM

I remember hearing an interview on BBC radio with a British Army Brigadier, Jolyon Jackson great name!

dazzlingboy

When I were a nipper I remember clearly the last man in the NI phone book was Zebedee Zzyp.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Stupid names!’ is closed to new replies.