Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Stumpy FSR Brain shock change
  • Speshpaul

I’ve been thinking about ditching the brain off my stumpy, has anyone change one to say RP23 since they swopped to the Y yoke fitting at the base of the shaft.
    I guess you need to swop the shaft over. Any ideas on the lenght and stroke of the shock.
    cheers
    paul

renton
    Free Member

i think you can fit the fox shock from either a lower spec stumpy or even the rp23 off of an evo stumpy.

i ddint like the brain shock on my stumpy either.

sssimon
    Free Member

that’s my plan so i asked Mojo who were most helpfull

“The standard shock is a 200 x 50 and then when we fit the Specialized body the eye to eye is 197mm.

To fit the body it will be £101.00 + £36.37. This includes a full service and the Specialized body tube.”

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    brakes
    Free Member

I like the brain, although I really wish it had a remote function as I don’t like having to stop, get off the bike and change the setting.

rob13380
    Free Member

I did this last year on a Stumpy FSR 2007

Swapped the brain for a RP23

should have been 197 x 46 but i used a 200 x 50 and gained 11mm travel

This was a recommendation from the guys at BETD who used to make the linkage arm that increased stumpy travel!

Mush better than the Brain!

renton
    Free Member

Rob ~I dont think the 07 has the specil part attached to the shaft of the shock like the newer ones have though !

rob13380
    Free Member

The forked part you mean?

No it didnt! was straight through the frame type, hense the fact I just got a bill from MOJO for a new Kashima shock service as mine had taken in too much dirt!

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Done it with an ’08 FSR, I used a Triad. IMHO they are better than an RP23

rob13380
    Free Member

And cheaper – saw one go on ebay for £49 other day straight of an FSR bt 07 again – not sure if it was serviced though or knackered!

stumpjumperuk
    Free Member

Question for rob13380 or anyone else: I am just starting down the replacement path for my 2007 FSR Pro – that came with the Specialized made AFR (Brain) shock.
    I plan to get an 2012 RP23, just wondered if you went for the High or Low Volume and how that went. Anyone else have coments on this? I am about 175lbs all up including backpack.
    Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Stumpy FSR Brain shock change’ is closed to new replies.