Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Stumpjumper fsr frame price
  • widge34
    Free Member

Is £800 for a brand new 2012 Specialized Stumpjumper fsr frame a good price?

wolly
    Free Member

Bike scene have a frame clearance at the moment might be worth a look?

widge34
    Free Member

Thats where i found the frame. Cant find specialized frames for sale anywhere else so cant compare prices.

nuke

Giant sell frame only… I’d use that as a bit of a benchmark and given trance/anthem frames are £1k+, I reckon £800 sounds alright

nickjb
    Free Member

Sounds pretty good to me.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Which one ?

widge34
    Free Member

Its the comp frame, not that that makes any difference as Comp, elite and expert are all the same frame and shock its just the components that differ.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

It will make a nice bike, I bought a 2010 and built it with Rock shox Revelation XX XLocs. Mind I did only pay £250 from friend only ridden a few times as he decided to strip it and put the bits on a 29er frame.
    I love the Triad for me the best set up on a rear shock.

widge34
    Free Member

I have an 09 elite stumpy at the moment, bought frame only. The components on it are 12 months old or less, so thought I would just transfer it all over. Need to convert rear hub as new frame is a 142 x12mm rear.

renton
    Free Member

Comp is better as it doesnt have the crap brain shock!

widge34
    Free Member

The 2012 frame has a slightly slacker head angle and tapered. The shock also has autosag. And as I said the back end should be a bit stiffer with the 142×12 drop out.

renton
    Free Member

Nice frames!

I sold a 2011 frame for 600 secondhand so 800 for a new one is good!

widge34
    Free Member

Well Bikescene had 140 frames in today from specialized so plenty to go around. Reserved mine last weekend, hopefully get it Tuesday.

tonyd

Very good price I’d say. I bought a 2004 frame and shock in 2005 for £500. It was a warranty return (nothing wrong with it) from Specialized via my LBS.

stumpy01

renton – Member

I’ve had both on a 2010 Stumpjumper FSR; the Triad went back with the alloy frame when it was warrantied for paint issues. I had it for about 8 months.
    The replacement came with a Brain shock; I prefer it over the Triad.

trusty

New bike eh widge?

widge34
    Free Member

Hopefully Trusty. Watch this space 🙂

tomaso
    Free Member

£800 seems steep to me. They were selling SJ Evo frames last year for less.
    I like mine that I got off Renton for a shade under £400. It takes a good beating and I prefer it with the SJ Evo RP23 than the Triad shock.

wilko1999
    Free Member

£800 doesn’t seem too bad to me. When you compare to something like an ASR5 alloy, its nearly half the price for arguably a better bit of kit. Before the ASR5 supporters jump in, I’ve got one and love it, but I feel the Stumpy would be a better all-rounder

PS. Tomaso – worst “Here’s mine” photo ever! 😀 (to clarify, the photo that is, not the bike, the bike’s great)

cbirty
    Free Member

Hi widge, are you trying to get rid of the 09 frame? My shock went last week on my 09 stumpy (two days before a trip to afan 🙄 ) so I’m trying buy another.

stufive
    Free Member

I was only getting six months from the bushings, changed them twice then got rid it did my head in

BrickMan

Just watch the rear hub spacing (OLN) as the more recent stumpies have 142mm which is great, but pretty much the only hub worth a damn that fits in there is a hope evo, all £140 worth of it.

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

I’ve just bought one.i got the 2012 29er comp after demoing there carbon stumpy.went to have a look at it on Saturday and it looks great.they have loads of other models too epics,camber and stumps in carbon or ally.

cbirty
    Free Member

How much of a difference is the 142 dropout on the 2012 to the 09? I’ve got hope evo hubs on my 09…

renton
    Free Member

renton – Member

I’ve had both on a 2010 Stumpjumper FSR; the Triad went back with the alloy frame when it was warrantied for paint issues. I had it for about 8 months.
    The replacement came with a Brain shock; I prefer it over the Triad.

well done.

I too also had both (Ive owned and rode around 5 stumpy fsr from 09 to 11 frames)

Brain shock felt wooden, could never get it set up right. triad works a treat and the new auto sag shock is even better.

stumpy01

well done.

I too also had both (Ive owned and rode around 5 stumpy fsr from 09 to 11 frames)

Brain shock felt wooden, could never get it set up right. triad works a treat and the new auto sag shock is even better.

Well done, what??

Just saying for the sake of balance (you didn’t like it, I did. Who’d have thought it??)…..not sure what 5 frames over the course of 2 different suspension designs has to do with anything, but well done on owning lots of similar frames….

What does “felt wooden” mean in terms of a shock…?

The Brain was no different for me to set up than the Triad. Just set the sag using that sag-o-tron sticker, adjust for personal preference and then twiddle the rebound until it felt right….
    Normally run the Brain thingy a few clicks from firm…..Tried running it softer, but prefer it ‘firm’….
    Once set-up, for me it felt the same as the Triad when active, but stiffened up the back end over smooth terrain. No disadvantages as far as I can tell….

Not tried the auto sag shock but like the concept. Most people don’t want the faff of suspension set-up. Having a system that assists with this can only be a good thing.

renton
    Free Member

Sorry bud that came out completely wrong! Bloody predictive text!

You are right though it is each to their own!

I hated the brain shock, spent ages fiddling with it but could never get it feeling good like the shock on the frame tomaso bought off me!

widge34
    Free Member

BrickMan – Member
    Just watch the rear hub spacing (OLN) as the more recent stumpies have 142mm which is great, but pretty much the only hub worth a damn that fits in there is a hope evo, all £140 worth of it.

POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POS

I have Superstar hubs, and they do a 142 x 12 axle for the hub.

widge34
    Free Member

cbirty – Member
    Hi widge, are you trying to get rid of the 09 frame? My shock went last week on my 09 stumpy (two days before a trip to afan ) so I’m trying buy another.

POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POST

Yes i will be selling my frame, also selling my RS Rev RLT 140mm fork.

Mackem

600 for a camber pro looks good too, hmm, credit card twitch…

takisawa2

I bought an 04 SWorks Enduro from Bike Scene, back in 2004, for £699.
    God I miss that bike. 😕

Spesh just don’t get it wrong, & I would happily buy another.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Stumpjumper fsr frame price’ is closed to new replies.