Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Stumpjumper FSR expert Evo
  • boxxer7
    Free Member

Anyone riding one? I’m in the market for a new bike as I’ve sold my Mega. Couple of questions…..

How does it jump? Is it poppy?
    How well does it climb?

It’s between this and a blur TRc…..

jim76
    Free Member

Yep, it’s fun, fast, nimble, reactive, pedals well, climbs well, can’t fault mine (except it’s a 2012, not a 2013!) 8)

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I’ve 2012 ally one. Great bike, a realy great bike.
    Jumps well, easy to chuck about, manual etc.
    Also climbs pretty well, unless i’m on it. 😀

sharkattack

I’ve got one and I love it. It’s the first bike I haven’t almost immediately tried to sell and I’ve got no plans to replace it.

It’s an awesome bike but since you mention ‘pop’ in particular, this is something that mine had a problem with. The back end as standard was really soft with no support when set at the correct pressure. It had all the grip in the world but wasn’t very lively at all. If I upped the pressure, it was too rigid.

The shock went to Mojo and a helpful bloke on the phone said that a lot of bikes are deliberately undersprung to make them feel plush in the showroom. They give it their ‘High Velocity Tune’ which transformed it. It’s got mega grip and it’s much more lively.

The command post broke instantly and I replaced it with a Reverb. I was sceptical of the Roval wheels due to anecdotal reviews and was prepared to replace them but they’re still running perfectly.

Everything else has been spot on though. It’s the closest thing I’ve ever had to an XC bike as I’m a downhiller/BMX’er that has embraced pedalling in order to get more actual saddle time. It’s light enough to sit and winch up the hills and it doesn’t hold me back on the fun parts. I’ve ridden every trail I can get my hands on and never wished I had a different bike.

boxxer7
    Free Member

I was hoping the command post would save me having to buy a reverb! The wheel side of things I have a set of pro 2 Evos on flows sat here.

With regards to the pop, I’m trying to get away from feeling glued to floor, I was finding I was taking my blender out rather than the mega as I was finding it more fun! And that’s terrible at climbing!

So far that’s what I wanted to hear.

Anyone managed to get any discount on one in the past? From what I gather specialized have a habbit of running out quite early on in the year?

olddog

I have the 2011 version, bought in April 2012. Got 20% off from Bike Scene in Guisborough on a reccomendation off this forum.

Runs really well, but shock needed some work to set up – but I think that isn’t uncommon, not just with this bike

Confidence inspiring, I run out of skill long before the bike runs out of capability, but that isn’t saying much. Doesn’t climb like an xc whippet, but it’s good for a mid travel fs and it’s about compromise

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I’ve just serviced my command post after nearly a year.
    Took about 15 minutes, and once inside I found it didn’t really need it.
    Hub bearings aren’t the best though.

jim76
    Free Member

No problems with my Command Post, despite endless wet/muddy rides over the last few months.

It’s definately got lots of “pop”. Was one of the first things I noticed during the first couple of rides.

I know Freeborn had an Evo Comp and Evo Expert when I was last in there (about a week ago) Give them a call – 01403 251252.

Euro
    Free Member

It’s the closest thing I’ve ever had to an XC bike as I’m a downhiller/BMX’er that has embraced pedalling in order to get more actual saddle time.

Pretty much me to a tee. I’ve only few rides on my (new to me) 2011 one, and the conditions weren’t great for pushing it, but the bike climbed brilliantly (really like the command post) and was as quick as my old minidh bike it replaced on the rough stuff, but more involving and a bit less effort.

I’m fond of the odd jump too but yet to give this a whirl. It’s light and strong enough to have the potential to be a decent jumpa but i’ll have to see if i suffer any rear shock issues. It did feel squishy on medium+ drops, but i could find my shock up to adjust it to suit my weight and i’ve never had an air shock, so don’t know what it’s suppose to feel like.

In my limited time, it has the potential to a fantastic all round bike.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Euro
    Free Member

d d double p p post

JCL
    Free Member

It’s a great bike. Needs a 34 if you’re really smashing it. Front pushes a bit on flatter loose, an SX Butcher front/Control Purgatory rear or just a less grippy rear tyre helps that a bit. No DU and flat shock rate so +/- 5 psi has a big effect on rear suspension. May need more compression than stock as others have said, especally if you’re heavier.

That said the TR is the pop machine.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Maybe consider the Transition bandit too if you want a lively poppy bike.

boxxer7
    Free Member

The 2013 comes with a 34 up front so that should solve that problem. Ive seen one locally so will get down for a look.

Tracey

No problems with our Command posts. As a family of 4 we are have been running 6 of them for 2 years on our bikes, both at home and in the Alps.

boxxer7
    Free Member

That’s good to hear! Specialized market it as the most reliable dropper out there.

Tracey

Not the Evo but Kevin has just had a S Works carbon built up

boxxer7
    Free Member

Picked my stumpy evo expert up today! Looking forward to getting out Sunday.

The command post doesn’t half pop up quick!

doom_mountain

Pics please!
    I really want one of these to replace my Pitch…..

boxxer7
    Free Member

Not the best picture but it’s the only one I’ve taken

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

Awesome bike

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Stumpjumper FSR expert Evo’ is closed to new replies.