Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stumpjumper Elite 2009 – front derallieur- which one please
  • andy-james
    Free Member

can anyone help me to find the correct replacement derallieur please as I’m struggling.

The current is apparently a FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano M660 SLX, DMD, top swing, dual pull

I have looked at various sites and can see similar where it bols on a bracket direct to the frame rather than with a conventional clamp around the frame tube

Any guidance would be much appreciated

Skyliner
    Free Member

The DMD bit means its a direct mount deraillier. Ive only ever seen these for sale in spesh retailers.

andy-james
    Free Member

thanks I’ll give them a call tomorrow to get a price that’s double a standard one

Skyliner
    Free Member

might be worth doing an ebay search for dmd? worth a shot.

andy-james
    Free Member

yes I tried that too, looks like specialized will be able to rip me off on this one ;o(

thanks for the advice

khani
    Free Member

If it bolts directly to the seatube it’s one of these
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/BasketAdd.aspx?AddToBasket=true&StockID=97719

If it bolts to the swingarm via two small bolts it’s an etype front mech with the bottom bracket plate removed that bolts to the swingarm direct like this one, you remove the plate and use the two bolt holes to fit it to the swingarm
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=52925
    EDIT the pic in the first link shows a normal band on type but it is a direct mount one, honest!

Speshpaul

What Khani said,

euain

I’ve just changed the one on my 2008 Stumpy Comp – it was the E-type one (second link in Khani’s post). I think it was described as a DMD in the manual as well.

On a related note – anyone want to buy an new / unfitted SLX direct mount derailler? I bought the one in the first link in Khani’s post as a spare about a year ago – and just discovered it doesn’t fit!

khani
    Free Member

and just discovered it doesn’t fit!
    Been there, done that, bugger innit!!!

Skyliner
    Free Member

Oh Bum, I needed an xt one for a 2010 stumpy and didnt see it on crc as the description was for a conventional. Couldve saved a packet. Wish they would list them seperately.

khani
    Free Member

It’s a total pita, a combination of misleading info from spesh, (it’s not a dmd its an etype) and crappy listing on websites (crc) make it confusing trying to find the right one

andy-james
    Free Member

cheers fella’s all sorted and you are right with that second one

I spoke to my local specialized store and once again unless they are selling a bike they don’t much care and offered sod all advice or even a sale of a mech that would fit, I should have expected that from those muppets

I also emailed CRC and they were superb, you really can’t knock CRC for even customer service, top guys for sure

Thanks again
    Andy

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Stumpjumper Elite 2009 – front derallieur- which one please’ is closed to new replies.