Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Erm, what sub £100 second hand bike?
  • finnegan
    Free Member

Our next door neighbours are looking a for a cheap bike for Mrs next door to potter gently about the roads and bridleways on, with the kids in tow. Cheaper than anything you can buy new, so I'm guessing sub-£100 off eBay or wherever. Doesn't have to be a ladies' bike.

I feel wholly unqualified to recommend anything (I'm sure she doesn't want an SS InBred like Mrs Finnegan rides even if they were that cheap), so any suggestions what I should be looking for that has low second hand value but isn't a totally rubbish ride would be most welcome – Carrera Subway?

Thanks in advance for any helpful or, this being STW, scathingly humorous suggestions 😉

saxabar
    Free Member

Whereabouts are you based? I have a Carrera Zelos which is actually a pretty good bike with Hope brakes, RockShox Judy fork, Deore gears, etc. It's surplus to requirements so you'd be doing me a favour taking it of my hands. Email in profile if you're in S. Wales.

finnegan
    Free Member

Blimey, that's more bike than I thought I'd be looking at! Sadly we're in Bucks, but thank you for the offer!

Pook

saxa, would you post that?

saxabar
    Free Member

Sorry Pook, but no – too much hassle.

Pook

no worries.

stevemorg2

Saxabar – any more info on the bike ? – I'm in Cardiff so could pick up easily

saxabar
    Free Member

Steve – I'm outta town for a couple of weeks (in Les Arcs and then N. Wales). I'll drop you a line to arrange viewing and photos, but if I recollect it's 17 inches, bright lime green (not as gross as it sounds) and the only downside is a significant scrape on the drive train side that I'll detail in the photos. All else is fine and it's been recently serviced.

Admiralable
    Free Member

I might be interested in that too Saxa. I'm in Barry

saxabar
    Free Member

Admiralable – I'll send pics your way also.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Erm, what sub £100 second hand bike?’ is closed to new replies.