Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Student bags job after desperate roadside placard-waving plea
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

This

Did he not think just to look for a job. On Rotech’s website?

Don’t know if I’d employ someone who sits on a street corner begging, rather than goes out looking for work…

chewkw
    Free Member

They don’t have the knowledge to search even with iPad …

mc
    Free Member

ir_bandito, if you were looking for an employee, would you try someone who was dedicated enough to get up and stand outside for several days, or give some random applicant who might not be capable of getting out of bed a try?

I’m guessing he had the sense to be there early when managers would be driving into work, and late when they’d be driving home…

paulosoxo
    Free Member

rather than goes out looking for work…

I’d call that looking for work. It’s a stupid way to do it, but it’s still looking for work

Northwind

MBUK reader I think- free DMR hat!

Kit
    Free Member

I once got a job interview for the 2nd IT position at DMA Design (they were just about to publish GTA3 as Rockstar North!) when I had absolutely no experience or qualifications, by basically emailing HR and suggesting that I worked for free for a while with them 🙂 Different approaches than simply ticking box A, filling box B and enclosing a CV are what gets you noticed – good on that lad for his gumption!

avdave2

It’s a stupid way to do it,

So utterly stupid it worked. 🙄

DT78
    Free Member

I spotted the hat too 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

avdave2 – Member
    It’s a stupid way to do it,
    So utterly stupid it worked.
    POSTED 26 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

True!

mefty
    Free Member

Good on him.

Slightly worried about his overuse of full stops.

mudshark
    Free Member

Will this lead to copycat job hunters fighting with windscreen washers to hassle motorists?

chewkw
    Free Member

mudshark – Member

Will this lead to copycat job hunters fighting with windscreen washers to hassle motorists?

😆 True, true.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Good to see that after 200 years the Capitalist system is nurturing human dignity in all its forms.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Student bags job after desperate roadside placard-waving plea’ is closed to new replies.