Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Streaming music from desktop…
  • wors

For playing around the house? What do you use?

Markie
    Free Member

Logitech Squeezebox equipment here… nice kit and great software (with fantastic support, IME).

nicko74

Squeezebox is what I use too – the Duet version that allows you to run digital output through your high-end audio, or use the DAC on board to run through an amp’s RCA inputs. There are plenty of different models though, and although the software can be a bit shonky for a polished product, overall it’s great.

NZCol

Naim uniti and Allegro Media server on the iMac. Lovely.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Bought an apple tv recently, does a great job of it. My other choice if I needed multi-room would be sonos system hands down

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Phillips NP1100. Whilst its been a pain to set up to stream from the PC, it works great now.

Its sat on top of my Pre & Power amps in the conservatory, uses proper audio connectors and about 20m from the router…

my main problems were getting my PC to share the music. I use Tversity a free program for it as I couldn’t get Winows Media player to share – even though it should. Firewall issues mainly though I think.

NP1100’s are only about £50 on Ebay. Its a bit plasticy but works great now I’ve managed to set it up. Also has internet radio in it.

For the money I’d recommend it as it sounds great too. if you can overcome the annoying connectivity issues you’ll have, go for it.

BoardinBob

Tversity for streaming to my xbox 360

Orb Networks for streaming to my iPhone, both in the house and when I’m away from home

prettygreenparrot

If I didn’t have iTunes + AppleTV/AirPort Expresses then I’d use medialink + PS3 and if I didn’t have that then I’d go for SqueezeBox – a friend has it and it is very neat!

sam_underhill

Just ordered a Pure Scirocco 550. Along with all the usal CD, DAB, FM, USB etc it also connects to any DLNA stream. They do some smaller streaming versions as well.

I think the logitech squeeze box stuff uses a proprietary server components so isn’t very flexible (but on the flip side, may offer other features).

I decided to keep it to DLNA so that I can connect up all the standard equipment.

iain1775
    Free Member

TVersity programme on PC and PS3 connected optically to surround sound system (or HDMI though TV)
    Works great
    If I didnt have that I would prob go for the cheapish Phillips thing mentioned above

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Streaming music from desktop…’ is closed to new replies.