Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Stravasshole query
  • vermillion
    Free Member

So a few days ago I get my first KOM,a fully coloured in one too,not just one of those 2015 outline jobbies.
    The recorded time was a clear 3 seconds faster but the old kings name still remains at the top of the leaderboard.
    How does that work?
    I feel incomplete.

DT78
    Free Member

Has the ride been flagged?

scotroutes

Post a link to the segment

Mister-P
    Free Member

No idea on your question but you have answered something I was scratching my head over. I got an outline crown on Strava but was not the fastest time in the leader board. I now know it is the fastest time this year so thank you for that.

allthepies
    Free Member

Very odd, it’s recognized the segment and shows your time as being faster than the current KOM holder.

https://www.strava.com/activities/266990645/segments/6251283256

Email Strava ?

Edit: If someone has flagged the OP’s time [or the segment] then would that cause the current situation ?

DT78
    Free Member

Or could be segment flagged, or your ride could be private? In the past I’ve had to turn rides to private and back again to reload leaderboards

DT78
    Free Member

amedias
    Free Member

this is what I see at the top of that ride:

KOM on Decent from Longmire Rd to Troutbeck (1:24)

and then this is what I see on that segment:

Decent from Longmire Rd to Troutbeck

1 Tom Brown 1:26 19.3mi/h
    2 Gavin Maudsley 1:28 18.9mi/h

if you are Gavin, which it appears you are form your profile and the link then it looks like it hasn’t registered your 1:24 time for some reason

njee20
    Free Member

That’s very odd. If a ride’s been flagged it says “this ride has been flagged”, and it’s taken all your other times onto the leaderboards, so why not that one!?

I’d email Strava, I had something similar a few years ago, there was nothing they could do so I just forgot about it.

smatkins1
    Free Member

That 1:28 time if you’re Gavin was set back in November. So your 1:24 hasn’t made it onto the leader board.

If you’d been flagged you would know.

You’ll just have to go out and ride it again 😀

DT78
    Free Member

Try toggling the ride to private and back again in edit. If not drop strava a mail, they were super helpful and fast the only time I’ve used them.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Ive had it happen a couple of times, it is a glitch and there is a form you can fill in that so they can manually refresh the leaderboard

OmarLittle
    Free Member
    bob_summers

It’s happened to me before. What you have to do is feed your ride into SNAP http://strava-tools.raceshape.com/snap/ then (after deleting your old ride) upload the ‘fixed’ file to Strava.

I just tested it using your ride and my account, and enjoyed a couple of minutes at the top of the leaderboard* 😀

*deleted it now, don’t worry!

Edit: Thinking on, probably doesn’t have to be SNAP. I guess any other site which lets you upload then download the ride would do it (eg Connect, Mapmyride…)

allthepies
    Free Member

Yeah but it recognised the segment from the OP’s ride data. The SNAP thing is all to do with modifying ride data where Strava hasn’t picked the segment up. The previous poster’s solution seems to be the way to go. Or he could just delete and re-import the ride data and this time Strava might work correctly.

bob_summers

I didn’t modify it, like I said it probably doesn’t even need to be done with snap. Worked for me; gave me the KOM and put me on the top of the leaderboard with the OP’s time.

Haze

Had that happen loads of times 😉

Email support and they’ll sort you out…

medoramas
    Free Member

It’s only the uphill KOMs that count… 😆

vermillion
    Free Member

The public/private thing has worked, I can now get on with my life 🙂

Dibbs
    Free Member

It’s only the uphill KOMs that count…

+1, I just wish I could get one 😥

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Flat ones count too!

rOcKeTdOg

What you need to do is get a KOM on a trail that has the trees harvested on it soon after and no longer exists, unbeatable KOM 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I discovered I was 2nd on my local rocky climb, 7.30 vs 5.30 for the KOM, without knowing there was a segment. Went out again and buried myself, knocked well over minute off with which I was chuffed, but the remaining 40s is going to be hard to find!

richardthird

Some of em are nuts.

2/162 at 3.01 KOM is a legit 2.14!

medoramas
    Free Member

What you need to do is get a KOM on a trail that has the trees harvested on it soon after and no longer exists, unbeatable KOM

Or pray for a massive tree to fall down right on the entrance, so the only way onto the track is by crawling under – I’m still proudly holding the crown 😆

njee20
    Free Member

Some of em are nuts.

2/162 at 3.01 KOM is a legit 2.14!

How do you know it’s legit!? That sounds dubious!

This one always gets me, I’m 3rd, it’s a shitty mess in winter, and I really don’t know how “Bruce” managed to go 30% faster in November! It forms part of this longer segment, where I’m KoM and Bruce is second, so he went rather slowly for the first part, then utterly blitzed the second part. I’ve tried, but I can’t do it!

richardthird

njee Sam Stean.

njee20
    Free Member

Aah, fair enough. He’s not that quick though, surprised hardly anyone else has got within 50% his time!

allthepies
    Free Member

Oooo, I’m on the leaderboard for njee’s segment (several pages in 😉 )

njee20
    Free Member

Oooo, I’m on the leaderboard for njee’s segment (several pages in )

**waves**

AlexSimon

blimey – look at all those people with HRMs on N.J.E.E.s 🙂 segment – serious stuff!

crazy-legs

I had the “uh-oh…” email earlier today, a local 1st cat has nicked my favourite KOM. I liked it cos Alex Dowsett was 2nd! That made me feel fast.

rooster42
    Free Member

vermillion – Member
    The public/private thing has worked, I can now get on with my life

But Gav, you know young Mr. B will be out Sunday morning going for glory to regain his KOM, he may even employ someone to go down first and open that bloody gate half way down as well! 🙂

Tom

livetowinborntolose
    Free Member

Those two just hack there Garmin files anyway

kcal

that’s a bloody consistent average speed by Mr. Bruce !! average 10, max 11.9 well weird..

njee20
    Free Member

that’s a bloody consistent average speed by Mr. Bruce !! average 10, max 11.9 well weird..

Indeed, what’s even more odd is that the bit before that segment (ie the first half of the longer segment) is all tarmac, so I’d expect him to go quicker there (comparatively so at least, particularly in winter), but it’s still 11.9 max, 10.0 average.

In fact… no matter what section of the ride you pull out, long or short, it’s an average of 10.0, and a max of 11.9mph. I feel bad flagging it after 8 years, but that’s clearly not right!

vermillion
    Free Member

But Gav, you know young Mr. B will be out Sunday morning going for glory to regain his KOM, he may even employ someone to go down first and open that bloody gate half way down as well!

Tom

Tom, For a change, the gate was already open.
    I’m not expecting to keep the crown forever but to prolong my reign, I’ve been down there this morning and raised the waterbars a few inches along with the scattering of few bags of assorted nails for good measure.

STATO
    Free Member

Indeed, what’s even more odd is that the bit before that segment (ie the first half of the longer segment) is all tarmac, so I’d expect him to go quicker there (comparatively so at least, particularly in winter), but it’s still 11.9 max, 10.0 average.

There is a website where you can look at the speed profiles for a segment, so you can see where you lose out. Can’t remember the name of it tho.

AlexSimon

It’s in Strava now – big orange button called ‘Compare Efforts’

njee20
    Free Member

There is a website where you can look at the speed profiles for a segment, so you can see where you lose out. Can’t remember the name of it tho.

You can do that on Strava now…

That’s not it though, his entire 25 mile ride is done between 8 and 11.9mph, clearly erroneous.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Stravasshole query’ is closed to new replies.