Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Strathpuffer 2016 – accommodation help
  • snomojen27
    Free Member

Hiya

I want to enter the strathpuffer in Scotland on the 23rd/24th jan 2016 as a soloist, it will be the first time I’ve ever done an event like this and I just wondered if anyone can help with what I’m finding the most difficulty with (believe it or not) is on site accommodation during the event. I drive a corsa and whereas I plan on bringing a tent for doing any bike maintenance and things that might need doing its not really ideal for leaving the other half/mechanic in during the event (he likes warmth haha) therefore I just wondered can anyone recommend hire companies for the event of campers or vans with facilities that we might need or does anyone have any other recommendations.

What does everyone else do? Or does anyone have any tips for braving a tent in the winter?

Thanks in advance

mccett
    Free Member

You say you want to enter the event? If you haven’t already its already sold out I believe.
    If you do get an entry, a big tent you can stand up in is the very least. Did it one year with a macpac minaret I could only just sit up in and that was hard getting changed, certainly made you just keep riding.
    Following year took a van and had big tent as a base and fire pit for the helpers to keep warm.
    Good luck.

richpips
    Free Member

Campervan with a tent awning would be the best thing.

Else big tent that you can stand up in, and have a brazier or gas heater for your helper.

Unless you have the campervan stay in a travelodge the night before.

As above ^^^^ entries went in minutes for the solo category.

Phil_H

I slept in the back of my van this year. Pop up gazeebo with sides, gas heater & genny for lights for a pits during the race. The others I do it with have a camper van.

joshvegas
    Free Member

If you’re in you can are welcome to loiter where I set up.

snomojen27
    Free Member

Thanks for all your help guys and yeah I should have entered earlier (or done my research much sooner to the entry opening day as yes it has sold out) but I am on the waiting lists (fingers crossed) and I do have a large tent so this looks like the best option unless a van turns up in my budget haha

Should I get in though joshvegas I might take you up on that if that’s ok 🙂 and I would definitely spend the night before in a travelodge to get a good night sleep before hand.

Thanks again

joshvegas
    Free Member

Good luck!

Ther’ll be loads of us and loads of people hanging around. Actually having done both i think the pits might be more fun than a gritty bum crack at 4am.

snomojen27
    Free Member

Fingers crossed then hopefully see you there. The pits do sound like a laugh though good luck with your race 🙂 and I will hopefully see you there 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Strathpuffer 2016 – accommodation help’ is closed to new replies.