Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Strange response!
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I was stood outside Harrogate hospital last night next the bike parking area where there was a bike which looked distinctly 'different'. Retro, V brakes, BMX bars of all things!, semi slicks,road cassette & BIG rings,& what I thought was a titanium frame. Now I couldn't see the headtube badge & there was nowt on the downtube. As I was attached to a prisoner with a 6ft chain I didn't bother dragging him over to have a look, but soon a young lad came out of the hospital & quick as a flash, unlocked it with a key. I says 'oi fella, what frames that?' He then looked on the headtube badge & says 'Merlin' (of course it only had the Merlin 'M' on it.) I says, 'titanium then'? & he said, 'dunno, probably'! & with that he took off
    I thought '**** me, doesn't he know what bike he's got' Maybe he was just being cautious & didn't want to give much away! (but I secretly knew)

RealMan
    Free Member

I was stood outside Harrogate hospital last night….. I was attached to a prisoner with a 6ft chain

Sounds like you were having a nice night out..

Maybe he stole it?

Pook

surely it can't be that sensible to give prisoners 6ft chains?

😉

enfht
    Free Member

That was probably a record length

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Chortle, I don't know who actually had the chain, him or me. Or did we both? Oh no, I'm even more confused now!!
    It was a nice night out mind. Well at £17.35 an hour it was a certainty.
    OO ERR!

igm

Who'd he nicked it from?

tinsy
    Free Member

Maybe he thought the prisoner was undercover police and you had been aprehended for impersonating a police officer.. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Strange response!’ is closed to new replies.