Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Straitlines pedals – advice please re bushing replacement
  • cinnamon_girl

Help! Am struggling big-time with replacing one bushing at the more difficult end of the pedal. Can’t seem to find anything that actually helps me push it in!

Annoying thing is I’ve done them before so have no excuses really. 😳

Any clever ideas from you clever people please? Thanks!

billyboulders
    Free Member

Do you have access to a vice or a big clamp? Protect it from the jaws with a piece of leather and slowly wind it in is how I did the bushings on my v12’s

creamegg
    Free Member

i just position it by hand then use a flat end screw driver just to squeeze it in. quite easy once you get the hang of it. no need for vice or clamps

almightydutch
    Free Member

place over axle, whack axle with hammer.

thats how one of mine had to go in anyway. Cracking pedals!!!

honourablegeorge

Same – flat head screwdriver.

Some useful videos on Youtube with them doing it with biros and allsorts

cinnamon_girl

Hi guys, thanks for the replies!

Progress report – second bushing is now in place (thanks to flat-head screwdriver) but on this same end (ie not the spindle end) I’ve been finding it extremely difficult to attach the poodle clips. Have only been able to manage one and hope that this will work OK.

Yes, I did look at the vids and how nice it would be to have a purpose-built tool!

They are good pedals but just wish they had sealed bearings.

Thanks again. 8)

creamegg
    Free Member

Im suprised you have trouble, mine go on quite easily (although very first attempt took a few goes). You just need to squeeze the pedal down onto the axle and push the pootle clip in enough just so that it bites, then do the rest with a screw driver (with pedal flat on worktop).

honourablegeorge

Whack it all down with a hammer before trying to fit the clips.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Straitlines pedals – advice please re bushing replacement’ is closed to new replies.