Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Stopping birds nesting on your house. How?
  • wwaswas

it was the injunction that rather forced the issue iirc Mastiles?

richc
    Free Member
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d heard you’d moved under a cloud and I ain’t talking about the weather on the day…

Shandy
    Free Member

Would any of you bird-huggers care to tell me how long I can expect a nest of starlings to live in my roof? They have been there about a fortnight and are covering absolutely everything in sh1te.

Before anybody climbs my drainpipes and starts a sit-in, starlings are considered a pest aren’t they? My gran has some swallows that come every year, but she hates starlings.

I saw a magpie harrying a heron the other day, they are nasty wee b@stards those magpies.

wwaswas

starlings are more endangered than swallows – red listed.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

African or European?

wwaswas

you’re not catching me out with that one 😉

Shandy
    Free Member

They aren’t endangered round here there a millions of them.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Shandy, i reckon they will stay there for another 7hrs. After that time it should be safe for you to fire up the jetwash and blast the little buggers away.

Hell we had a converation yesterday where it was ok for a domesticated and seemingly under control dog to attack a young deer. Which is worse?

Just wash it away and make sure they dont come back.

ratcatcher

Starling should be out at 28 days nothing wrong with repairing your roof soffits if birds are not present or nesting unlike bats

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I have done this for years and not one swallow has been hurt, they come to look under my gable but get frightened off by a simple length of cotton dangling from under the gable – on the end of the cotton I have tied a small ball of kitchen foil which moves around in the breeze… swallows ignore my gable while have nested under neighbours…

wwaswas

and you’re known locally as ;

‘the wierd bloke who tries to keep the aliens away with a ball of tinfoil hanging from his roof’

😉

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Yep… but it dont work on mother in laws .. she still parks her broom on the roof

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

My street is called Swallow Field, and with good reason.

I’ve got a swift’s nest on the back of my house and I love it. Maybe it’s a bit lame but I get really excited when I see them. They came back a couple of weeks ago and I was stoked to see them. They’re beautiful birds with really cheeky song. I saw the nest when we originally had a look at the place and I definitely saw it as a bonus.

It does make a mess of my patio so I leave a plastic tray underneath and just hose it down every now and again. Having them around means we never have any flies in the summer ‘cos they all get eaten.

SAVE THE SWALLOWS!

scruff
    Free Member

Im going to do what neverfastenough suggests and try the tin foil so they fvck off back round the corner to his house.

I never suggested I was going to harm the creatures just wanted to move them on for reasons previously stated, the gable is above the front door FFS.

Thank you all who offered personal insults, especially jond who is obviously homophobic AND racist. My faith in a recently lackustre STW has been restored.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Stopping birds nesting on your house. How?’ is closed to new replies.