Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,481 total)
  • Stooge Cycles – who's interested? (slack 29er content)
  • ssboggy

Tried a Chronicle and a Dirt wizard on the front of mine, as Tazzy says the dirt wizards are great for 99% riding in the UK

happybiker
    Free Member

Jim, I had a carbon i35 front with a Chronicle and it worked well for most stuff and rolls fast, but if you expect to ride in lots of mud then DW would be better.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

thanks all – phew…cost of 29+ tyres is a bit of an eye opener!
    will run with regular 29er wheels/tyres initially, but seems that 650b+ might have more options (eg cheaper rims/tyres)
    cheers

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Just building up a stooge with hollowtech 2 crankset. Usually on a 68mm BB it’d be two spacers, but EBB is recessed within the BB shell (and room to move a bit side to side within the shell) so not really sure where to start.

Assume start with 2 spacers as normal and move EBB position within shell to tweak chainline?
    Any pointers anyone?
    Cheers

jonestown
    Free Member

@jimfrandisco, the style of EBB insert you have is still 68mm wide at the collars, so just fit as you would to any 68mm shell, 2 spacers on the drive side, 1 on the non drive side. It’s all an optical illusion designed to play with your brain 🙂 cheers, Andy

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Cheers Andy.
    Right, now to start searching the garage for some spare spacers then!

spectabilis
    Free Member

jimfrandisco – Member

Next obvious question – anyone with a 29+ front wheel they want to sell?

cheers

I have just stripped down my Stooge so have some parts up for grabs including a front wheel, 29″Dually on Hope Pro 2 with Bomboloni

Pics here https://goo.gl/photos/BhBTMWCR9sfgvvkKA

vondally
    Free Member

Can I enquire how much for the front wheel? Any forks?
    Cheers

spectabilis
    Free Member

I’m crap at putting prices on parts just drop me a PM with an offer tyre and rotor included or not.

letmetalktomark

I’d be interested, if you split the wheels, on a price for the rear. No need for rotor but maybe tyre.

spectabilis
    Free Member

The front wheel axle is currently a home brew M10 bolt in setup but I will send with qr or 9mm caps instead.

The rear is a an SS specific hub setup 10mm bolt up with a 16t sprocket. The rear rim has a slight ding in it but otherwise true.

Happy to sell wheels separate as have interest in front.

spectabilis
    Free Member

OK just an update on my stripdown.

frameset is now sold as is the front wheel,BB and headset. I’ve now made a new post in classifieds for the remainder of the parts Here :

If anyone is interested in anything drop me a PM with an offer.

I’ll be adding pics to an album linked below shortly.

https://goo.gl/photos/BhBTMWCR9sfgvvkKA

spectabilis
    Free Member

Apologies for cluttering this thread, my original ad got taken down for no prices so the new ad link is here

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-parts-from-ss29-stripdown-hope-brakes-wheel-middleburn-cranks-etc-hope?replies=1#post-8350341

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Does anyone have a 29+ 3″ tyre to sell on?
    I bought spectabilis’ front wheel…should have bought the tyre as well really!
    cheers all

crow
    Free Member

Hi all, long time lurker. Anyway, just to add my love for the Stooge – here it is set up with 27.5×3.25front and 3.0 rear. Really has transformed the bike on the trails over the previous old and heavy 29er wheels!

scud
    Free Member

Anyone need a new Stooge mech hanger (was bought for Mk1 Stooge frame that was damaged when received)? I bought direct from Andy last week for £12 and he said it was one of three in stock?

Clink

I’ll take it as a spare if not already sold?

fecklessfool
    Free Member

What’s the latest on the MK3?

letmetalktomark

Pre orders are up on the website for a MK3.

I’m in for a 20″ Plum convinced entirely by the overwhelming positive response the MK1&2 versions received and off of the back of (email) conversions with Andrew.

Roll on June.

postierich
    Free Member
    MrTricky
    Free Member

Rich – what length stem are you running with the Jones bars, and would you run the same length with conventional bars?

Cheers

David

postierich
    Free Member

The length is 70 and it was a straight swop over from my Puffin only ever used this length of stem

bonesetter
    Free Member

Quick question – presumably the MK3 is different to the Speedball?

jonestown
    Free Member

Bonesetter, yes, completely different. The MK3 is the latest incarnation of the ‘traditional’ Stooge with a few changes like 44mm headtube and tapered forks, optimised around B+, and the Speedball is my 29+ whack-job, steel pre-production samples are on their way for that 🙂

honourablegeorge

Is the Mk3 still QR front & rear?

bonesetter
    Free Member

Thanks for clearing that JT

While you’re on – any nearer a Speedball sizing decision and if they’ll be more than just one size? 🙂

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

And any thoughts on a stooge mk1/2 fork with holes for cages or a front rack…could do with one before the weekend ideally!

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Here’s a question for Stooge owners of around 6’1 or 6’2″:

Would you buy the large over the standard now they are available?

Cheers.

bonesetter
    Free Member

yes

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Cheers!

jayemel
    Free Member

What crank length are people running on their Stooges? I’m building up a Mk2 with 27.5+/650B+ and would usually run 175mm cranks, but wonder if 170mm might be better given the effect on BB height from the smaller wheels. Anyone have issues with pedal strike?

honourablegeorge

Is the website colour below pretty close to the finished colour of the Mellow Orange Mk3?

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Hope so.

jonestown
    Free Member

@jayemel, i really wouldn’t worry about it, i run 180mm cranks on my B+ singlespeed and i’ve not had any issues, when you use the EBB to tension the chain you can set it up on the high-side rather than the low-side, if that makes sense, but 175 will work fine.

macias
    Free Member

Great news on the upcoming frames!

What is ST ID in mk3 and in speedball?

tootallpaul

So, a couple of questions…

Does the MK3 have a front mech hanger?

Is it standard rear spacing?

And when are they due for delivery?

Ta…

Paul

tootallpaul

Also – what is the ett for the MK3 large? Is there a geometry chart anywhere?

tazzymtb

From memory the large is a 24.5ett and yep standard 135 rear. They arrive early next week. Best place to usually catch andy is on the stooge Facebook page

tootallpaul

Mk3’s have landed…

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Look forward to seeing some photos!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,481 total)

The topic ‘Stooge Cycles – who's interested? (slack 29er content)’ is closed to new replies.