Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,481 total)
  • Stooge Cycles – who's interested? (slack 29er content)
  • Clink

Like ^

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Hmmm, maybe time to upgrade from my Love/Hate ready for SSUK..

dirtyrider
    Free Member

cokie

I’ve waited patiently for 4 WEEKS. WHAT’S THE NEWS ANDY 😈 !!

honourablegeorge

Gah. I spent an almost exactly Stooge-frame-sized fee on four new car tyres this morning. A new bike is off the list for a bit for me.

Although…..

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Gah. I spent an almost exactly Stooge-frame-sized fee on four new car tyres this morning. A new bike is off the list for a bit for me.

Although…..

Maybe enter this years Welsh Ride Thing? … some lucky person will be leaving with a Stooge F&F 😀

calaverarider
    Free Member

Yes Andrew, please tell us the news regarding the Stooge as I too am quite interested.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

*Holds off on buying the current Stooge frame*

tazzymtb

If anyone fancies a go on a stooge my limited edition ss version will be at battle on beach as a demo bike. Just give me a shout amd let me know in advance

jonestown
    Free Member

i too will be a Battle on’t Beach, see you there Tazz 🙂

So i’ve been busy, hence the fact i’ve not had much of a chance to get on here. Latest Stooge news – one word, Titanium.

won’t say any more until i have photos.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Ooh Ti sounds nice ….

everyone
    Free Member

So if you could wait until I can afford one, that’d be cool. Not that I need (or can afford) a new bike!

Clink

😀

Looks like no BoB for me though as moving house…probably

singlecrack
    Free Member

I’ll be there to suck Taz’s wheel for a bit

tazzymtb

Im on the black sheep this year, best get ya peggling legs on 😀

Ben_H

Latest Stooge news – one word, Titanium.

won’t say any more until i have photos.

One word: interested. 😀

calaverarider
    Free Member

is there going to be a ti version of the Stooge 29er?

cokie

Awesome 8) ! Now to get the money together.
    Does anyone want to buy a Stooge in Blue? 😆

Andy-R

I’d rather have a 4130 one than Ti – I haven’t read all 24 pages of this thread but do they have enough clearance to run as 27.5+, because that’s what I’d really like to do with one?

cokie

do they have enough clearance to run as 27.5+

Yup, there’s a photo on facebook. I’ll grab it at lunch.

Fancy buying mine 😉 ?

Kbrembo
    Free Member

I now have gears on my stooge and loving it even more!!

Clink

Loch Einich?

akira

Looking forward to lots of cheap stooges for sale as people upgrade.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Titanium sounds very interesting! To what end though? Weight? Comfort? Or a bit of both?

jonestown
    Free Member

To what end though? Weight? Comfort? Or a bit of both?

a handful of people asked and i obliged. yes it will be lighter, but can’t see it being any more comfortable than the steel frame in any real sense. i guess the most honest answer is it’s fun to design and create different stuff and see it come to life.

Steel will always be my first love and the main core of Stooge as things progress. it’s cheap (compared to ti), strong and rides great. With that in mind i’m just finalising the second batch of steel Stooges, i’m getting scarily low on stock and due to being a genius of planning will probably sell out just in time for summer 🙁

bonesetter
    Free Member

Any changes in this up coming second batch?

cokie

What are the new colour options? When are all the details coming out?
    I’ve got some cash, but itchy feet.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Grey…..is it still the new black .?

bonesetter
    Free Member

We need photoshop on that

jonestown
    Free Member

frame remains the same, blue will be carrying over as it’s the Stooge colour, plus 2 others TBC. Unfortunately they’re about 5 months away yet. I’ve only been up and running for 10 months so its a case of take it easy and don’t get ahead of myself, spend another year or so getting out n about and then start actioning what comes next. Be nice to have loads of money to make it all happen now, but alas… one man band and all of that 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Do you have any Singlespeed only ones left in stock fella?

CheesybeanZ

Andy have you looked at doing a Kickstarter project to help with funding the next one ?

bonesetter
    Free Member

Good idea cheeze (well, albeit an obvious one – and one which which would almost undoubtedly get supported)

Or why not invite ‘sponsors’?

They are out there

singlecrack
    Free Member

Exclusive purple is exclusive ….;)

martinh
    Free Member

If there was one tweak Id make it would be 44mm headtube. It would allow a much wider range if carbon forks and with the right headset it would still allow the standard 1.125 steel fork

miranmtb
    Free Member

I vote for british racing green and wine red as limited edition colours.

jonestown
    Free Member

Do you have any Singlespeed only ones left in stock fella?

[quote]

afraid not, though the next ones will do away with the front cable routing, so nearasdammit the same.

Kickstarter could be an idea…

44mm headtube? The ‘Stooge’ frameset will keep the standard. I bought a fargo once with the 44 and the classic look of the bike had been destroyed, i think it would throw the front end out of proportion, plus i like the idea of someone finding one in a shed in 50 years time, taking it to the small bike shop on the corner and being able to get a headset for it. BUT there will be a 44mm frame somewhere down the line, a little beefier, ability to run a fork if you so wish, you’ll see what i mean when the ti frames arrive. My idea behind the Stooge has always been simplicity – no special hubs or new standards that might last a year before the next one comes along, the ability to build it cheaply from spare parts if that’s what you want to do.

green’s ringing a bell 🙂

everyone
    Free Member

Oh man british racing green would be glorious. Not on the Ti one though, that should be left raw!

Cheezpleez

Would love a BRG Stooge to go with my purple one. I’m sure I could justify it somehow.

calaverarider
    Free Member

Do your frames come with two drop outs? one for ss and one for geared?

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,481 total)

The topic ‘Stooge Cycles – who's interested? (slack 29er content)’ is closed to new replies.