• This topic has 40 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ski.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • stolen parts on ebay?
  • tankbeut
    Free Member

I have found some parts on ebay that were stolen from me about 2 months ago!!! what shall i do?

Has anyone one been in this position? im freaking out and dont know which way to go about it?

1) official and through the police,

or

2)the more direct route going round and for smash and grab operation.

Any advice???

4ndyB
    Free Member

then ownage with bombers

The seller might not be the scrote who nicked them though, so be careful with the bombers

spock
    Free Member

Buy and payment on collection 😀

tankbeut
    Free Member

ha ha, that was exactly my thinking.

Xylene
    Free Member

The seller might not be the scrote who nicked them though,

I used to know quite a few ragie Geordies. One in particular was like a yo-yo in and out of jail.

The last time he went in was for beating up the wrong person. His sister had been assaulted by a neighbour, somewhere around Bradford. He travelled down with some other ragies to teach him a lesson.
    Put the wrong neighbour in hospital and got himself jailed for a 5 stretch.

So make sure you have the right person before owning them with bombers.

Spongebob
    Free Member

I have found some parts on ebay that were stolen from me about 2 months ago!!!

If you have irrefutable proof, option 1.

If no proof, neither option.

The seller might not be the scrote who nicked them though,

– A good reason for using option one (if you can prove unequivocally that these goods are your property).

tankbeut
    Free Member

i have the serial number and a piece of the steerer tube that i cut off. pretty good proof.

tankbeut
    Free Member

i have been in rucks before about stolen bikes and it didnt end nicely. but jeese it dosent half wind me up…

Spongebob
    Free Member

I would suggest contacting ebay customer services, but don’t expect them to be much use.

A call to your local cop shop would be a good place to start.

tankbeut
    Free Member

Heres an update if anyone want to know.

Police have said its uneconomical to try and arrest this guy due to the man hours and paperwork needed to set him up and make an arrest. personally i thought a crime was a crime, but hey.

So i will be winning the the forks tomorrow at 15.33, then paying him cash on collection around 16.00.

i will update with the outcome tomorrow.

wish me luck!!!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

good luck. Take a mate with you

molgrips
    Free Member

Uneconomical? Surely the cops are not expecting payback?

To be fair I’d be extremely unhappy with that. He could be a major operator in bike thefts.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Police have said its uneconomical to try and arrest this guy due to the man hours and paperwork needed to set him up and make an arrest.

I think I’d be making noises higher up the tree in your local constabulary! That can’t be right

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Just tell them you suspect the seller to be a student. Or worse, a miner.

The coppers will then do the work for you and you won’t have to raise a finger.

Bregante

Police have said its uneconomical to try and arrest this guy due to the man hours and paperwork needed to set him up and make an arrest. personally i thought a crime was a crime, but hey.

So i will be winning the the forks tomorrow at 15.33, then paying him cash on collection around 16.00.

i will update with the outcome tomorrow.

wish me luck!!!

You’ve been fobbed off mate. Ring back or go into the station and ask to see the Inspector. Tell them you wish to make a “policy complaint”. It is not the job of the Police to decide whether pursuing a prosecution is in the public interest, that’s the job of the CPS and if you’re making the allegation/complaint and are able to provide the serial number etc, there is enough to at least speak to the seller to verify their story. You are right, the value is not the issue. Theft is theft. End of. Good luck

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

How do you know there your bits?

binners

It clearly is uneconomical. The police have to spend their meager resources on ‘Real’ crime

ie: http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/local/million_pound_asbo_man_back_in_courts_1_3198688

tankbeut
    Free Member

I thought that may spark up some voices!

its the MET! londons finest. one of the most faceless organisations going. push you to the ground if you step near the line, put you to the bottom of the pile if your a victim.

You will laugh when i tell you it got stolen practically outside the houses of parliment, with no front wheel and chopping through 2 locks!

shotsaway
    Free Member

tankbeut –

FFS – I would complain to the Superintendent or even the Chief Constable if necessary. As others have said, if you have proof, there is no reason why they shouldn’t follow it up. This isn’t some wild accusation.

If all else fails, tell them that the suspect is likely to be doing 38 in a 30. If which case they will probably be there in a flash. Well, we all know that they love the easy revenue raising targets. Obviously solving a crime just doesn’t generate any revenue.

Although I suspect if you go round to the scrotes at the end of the auction and use threating/menacing behaviour, you will probably get arrested! Even though that won’t generate revenue.

grim168
    Free Member

A few years ago we used to have trouble with gangs of teenagers. One night it got out ouf hand and I was threatened with a broken bottle. Wife rang the police while this was going on but nobody was available to come out. I took the phone and told the operator I would sort things myself and hung up. When I got back to the house after chasing them in car there were two police cars and a van outside our house.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

any joy???

hope all went smoothly!!

yunki
    Free Member

A mate of mine spotted his stolen frame on ebay last autumn.. in fact.. I spotted it and gave him a call.. he called the boys in blue and they were round the blokes house and had recovered the frame that same afternoon.. they also took steps to recover his forks that the guy had already sold on..

admittedly he hasn’t had the frame and forks back off the cops yet as they are still ‘evidence’ but we were definitely impressed with the service..

you must live in a shit constabulary

iolo
    Free Member

Just call the cops back,
    Say they don’t need to worry as you’ve just shot the scrote with the stolen parts.
    See how quickly they turn up then.

Raindog
    Free Member

Just call the cops back,
    Say they don’t need to worry as you’ve just shot the scrote with the stolen parts.
    See how quickly they turn up then.

This will work. Guaranteed.

Raindog
    Free Member

double posting. and it wasn’t that funny the first time.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

get address when you win the auction and phone a tip in about growing weed should speed things up

richcc
    Free Member

Someone I know experienced a very similar scenario. Coppers were more helpful. When he ‘won’ the auction and got the address the coppers went round but Sammy scrote was clever enough not to have the bike on the premises. Nothing the BiB could do.

Cougar

“I appreciate that resources are stretched, therefore I’ve bought the parts. He’s coming round later, and I’m going to stab him.”

Seriously, WTF? Since when did the police only pursue economical crimes? That’s Daily Mail material, I’d definitely want to escalate it at your local cop shop at the very least.

tankbeut
    Free Member

UPDATE

Arranged a meeting with the guy for a ‘look before you buy’. Met at caledonian tube station, nice, took a couple of mates and all the evidence to prove they were mine. mates were waiting just up the road. had a brief discussion about the forks, what sort of riding he did, trying to make him squerm a bit and to test his lying capabilities. then hit him with, i had a pair of these nicked recently, infact these are them, produced the proof and he bricked it, told me to take em and stormed off.

i got back on the tube, emptied my nappy and went straight to the pub!

job done. just want to thank london metropolitan police for all their hard work and consideration. couldnt have done it with you.

konabunny
    Free Member

Good work, top hole, glad there wasn’t fisticuffs.

Did you try reporting it to another police station e.g. the one closer to you or closer to him, whichever you didn’t do before?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

good effort

Hairychested
    Free Member

Well done, next time take mates who can run though 😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Still think you should have complained to the cops.

Whether he stole the stuff or not he was still in receipt of stolen goods so therefore not his property to sell on.

Have you told Ebay and got him banned? OK it doesnt stop him opening a new account but might annoy him a little.

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Good effort! Nice to hear, ebay user name? (purely to protect others obviously!) Still waiting for my 2002 King Kikapu to turn up on ebay…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’m disappointed there were no fisticuffs.

Such a let down.

😥

Harry_the_Spider

Is the stuff still up on ebay?

If so post a link. I’m sure we could ask him some questions 😀

BigJohn

But did he give you negative feedback?

MrNutt
    Free Member

zip ties & the thames are your friends 😉

highclimber
    Free Member

well done. you seemed to have coped ok without the police and you’ve saved them some money.

binners

What forks were they?

Please don’t tell us you had a set of Bombers in your hand and the scrote stood in front of you, and no ‘owning’ went on? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘stolen parts on ebay?’ is closed to new replies.