Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • STOLEN: Cotic Soul in Bristol
  • Gareth_Uglow
    Free Member

I'm posting this on behalf of my mate who's not yet registered. Just had his bike nicked from his shed near the arches off Gloucester Road. I'm not sure of the full spec just yet, but I've put what I can remember below.

Cotic Soul frame, size medium (I think) in grey with black and white decals

Rockshox Reba/Recon forks?

Avid Juicy 5 brakes

Shimano LX drivechain

Plain black wheelset off a Specialized hardrock

Trying to find a picture of it. Chris'll be really grateful for any info, although I imagine the stolen bike scene in Bristol is pretty well organised, and all these bikes just dissappear into the ether…

Cheers

Gareth

cheers_drive

Sorry to hear that. The Bristol bike thefts had appeared to quietened down lately.
    Do a search for Bristol Bike Thefts as there is a helpful policeman and a stolen bike register that may help.

shaggy

Bad luck. I'll keep an eye out.

Drop Ant an email via Stolen Bristol Bikes.

Tiboy

Bugger, not another one! Will keep an eye out during my searches for my wife's stolen bike! Well worth popping inot as many bike shops as you can stomach in the area and giving them a flyer, most are really happy to help, recommend Bike Workshop as the place to visit, they're very good but seem to have a reputation…

chrisrmx2007
    Free Member

Unfortunately, the cotic was mine.

The full spec is as follows:
    2009 Cotic Soul, small size, builders tea (light brown)

Rockshox Revelation dual air forks,

avid juicy 5's,

shimano LX drivetrain and

DT swiss wheelset on hope hubs.

It also had some distinctive gold crank brothers egg beaters.

Thanks for the advice, I will look up the site.

Any other assistance would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Chris

plecostomus
    Free Member

I will keep my eyes peeled for anything coming into mud-dock have you got it's frame number?

chrisrmx2007
    Free Member

Thanks,
    Unbelievably I did not have the serial number noted (do it now if you havent already!) but I am tracking down the serial number at the moment.

The soul in builders tea colour in small is fairly rare, so if anything came up hopefully it should be easy to identify, particularly as it also had some unique marks. A chip on the rear left side stay and some significant wearing on the front fork right stanchon.

wicked
    Free Member

When did this happen? A small soul in tea colour has just sold on ebay a few days ago.

Gareth_Uglow
    Free Member

This one, but I think Chris's was only pinched today.

marlinman
    Free Member

The frame on eBay had paint missing on what I would call the right chainstay (drive side)just in front of the rear drop out. If that was your "chip", leftside if stood in front of the bike, it could be yours, on the other hand could just be a similar frame that was a genuine sale.

Good luck in recovering the bike.

Gareth_Uglow
    Free Member

I believe the chip was on the non-drive-side. I think it might have been me who put there 🙄

Think the ebay sale was genuine, will check with Chris when it was nicked.

chrisrmx2007
    Free Member

I think that bike was genuine, from what i could see anyway. Unless the bike was stolen after its sale. Apparently cotic only sold 10 of these in the UK (this colour and size). So anything round abouts this time would be a possibility.

thanks again for your help

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN: Cotic Soul in Bristol’ is closed to new replies.