• This topic has 177 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by grum.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 178 total)
  • Stolen Bikes West Yorkshire
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

No idea fieldy – even if they did, how does your average policeman know a Halfords special from a grands worth of Giant?

fieldy
    Free Member

Shredder I think I’ll be over there myself this weekend!

Woody2000 asked some of my mates to see if they’ve got better pics…really need one with the Kashima shocks on. Blue bars, white grips, white saddle, reverb seat post,

Daveyboywonder there are some bike savvy cops, just don’t know if they are in this specific area??

fieldy
    Free Member

This shows handle bars and reverb with Ali collar

fieldy
    Free Member

This was probably the last pic, but shows the fox forks!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

If I’m up there again I’ll keep my eyes open. Don’t venture up there often, usually just passing through is it Apperly Bridge etc? Went up for a curry for me dinner though so if I go up again I’ll do a round about route and have a look.

tmb467
    Free Member

I’ll have a look around as well – just up the road from me.

I’ve asked my copper B-I-L too (he’s a Leeds copper tho, not Bradford but he might get some idea as he lives round here too)

Good luck

andybrad

well considering we have cctv and a padlock full of fingerprints after mine got stolen and the police not even bothering i doubt very much west yorkshires finest will be willing to do anything.

Sancho
    Free Member

To be fair to the police its a crime that isn’t worth their efforts due to the cps and ultimately because of the law.
    If the police find and arrest someone who has a stolen bike. The cps would not want to take it to court so the police would have wasted their time. If the cps were to take it to court then the sentencing for theft of bicycle is pitiful so not worth the effort. .
    For a bike thief in leeds who had 25 recorded stolen bikes in a lock up the cps didn’t prosecute.

fieldy
    Free Member

To be fair, the police have been quite good so far. The STW forum members have been better though!! However, as Sancho has mentioned, do the police really want to get involved if the culprit does not get charged?
    But if I happened to find the bike and the person riding it is unwilling to let me have it back, and a ‘struggle’ ensues, who will be at fault in the eyes of the law?
    Anyway if anyone sees the bike please get in touch.

fieldy
    Free Member

Thought I’d send this back to the top as there is another bike theft thread running….need to keep the momentum going.

fieldy
    Free Member

Please keep an eye out for my bikes

tomj
    Free Member

We had bikes stolen from not far away from Bradford. Police very helpful but not a lot they can do really. They think that most of these are targetted thefts, ie they know what bike they are looking for, they are not locals doing it but people driving into the area with a van and the bike will be long gone. In some cases they are stripping the components to sell online. then taking the frame overseas to sell.

Sad fact is that means locating the bike is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Its unlikely to be seen ridden locally to you. Unfortunately I think the odds of getting your bike back are slim

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

How long ago did they get nicked mate?

I had mine stolen from Baildon a while back, once they’ve not been found within a day or two they’ll be long gone. I’d keep my eye out on eBay and Gumtree etc. Did your insurance pay out?

fieldy
    Free Member

Tomj you’re probably right, but the recent sighting gives me a little bit of hope. And plenty of forum members keeping an eye out for me.
    These were stolen 20th Dec, so within a month one of them had travelled 10mls away??? And at present the insurance company will only offer a settlement at a third of the bikes value because they were not specified? Bit of an expensive lesson!

fieldy
    Free Member

Please keep an eye out for both these bikes. The Tomac is very rare. Both bikes had some top quality components on.

fieldy
    Free Member

Some more pics to jog people’s memories…

fieldy
    Free Member

And the Tomac…

steel4real
    Free Member

A friend of mine has had his Giant Trance stolen from his garage in Drighlington on Monday this week.

[/url]
    Colins Trance 2012-09-23 10.43.01 by marcus4real, on Flickr[/img]

If any sightings, please let me know and i’llpass them on.

fieldy
    Free Member

Anyone seen these bikes??

andybrad

Ok guys and gals heres a bit of an update. A policeman call around my house last week with my stolen bike in the back of his van! It turns out that they call round a local scrotes house and it obviously looked out of place in his front room. Hes fingered his mate for it and the police were calling round to nik them! Result.

It turns out that it was a lad called Daniel from Buttershaw near Halifax? The policeman said that they regularly pop over to Bradford / shelf / Halifax to steal stuff and then go back to sell it on sometime later. Apparently if they know some travellers they will take a van and come further afield (like Brighouse) looking for scrap and bikes!

I asked about getting this guy done and getting compensation for all the money its cost me. The policeman said he will pay nothing unfortunately due to his circumstances and may as well get off with a telling off! He then asked if I would like to call a dog handler in and they would be happy to send the dogs into his house for 5 mins to make sure he learned a bit of a lesson before they entered.

So a bit of good news from it.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Andy, glad you got your bike back. Hopefully Fieldy will get his back too.
    Makes your blood boil that it’s basically a risk free crime for the criminals. It’s no wonder so many are stolen.

steel4real
    Free Member

after mine got stolen and the police not even bothering i doubt very much west yorkshires finest will be willing to do anything

Seems like they did do something.

andybrad

I didnt get it back, it now belongs to the insurance company.

andybrad

No not really as they only found it because they thought it looked out of place. They didnt do anything to actually find it they just stumbled across it!

fieldy
    Free Member

Andy, did you not fancy buying it back? It still gives me hope that mine are still close. I will extend my weekend search to Buttershaw after I’ve done Ravenscliffe

fieldy
    Free Member

Craigxxl, they didn’t take your old GT force though, which is now stored elsewhere! So I believe there were just two culprits and they weren’t in a vehicle, otherwise they would have cleared the garage!

andybrad

I did consider buying it back but basically swapped a canyon al6 for a 2013 orange 5 pro!

Seemed a but silly to buy it back after that!

fieldy
    Free Member

Andy, my situation is a little bit sensitive as the offer from the insurance company is £500 per bike, so as you can imagine, I want the bikes back otherwise I’m out of pocket by a considerable amount. Any sightings fill me with the hope of getting these back. Shredder has seen the Heckler twice in passing and someone else thinks they have spotted the Tomac – Thorpe Edge/Ravenscliffe Area. As mentioned I’ll have a trip over to Buttershaw later…they’re bound to turn up outside Tesco’s 😀

craigxxl
    Free Member

Have you thought about placing some reward posters about for information leading to the bikes recovery. No honour amongst thieves etc.

andybrad

yea thats a good point.

if you find a lad called Daniel with your bike, give me a call and we could have a group chat with him!

graemep
    Free Member

Shredder has seen the Heckler twice in passing and someone else thinks they have spotted the Tomac – Thorpe Edge/Ravenscliffe Area. As mentioned I’ll have a trip over to Buttershaw later…they’re bound to turn up outside Tesco’s

If you spot one of your bikes then slip a d-lock round the tyre/rim on either wheel if possible to stop it being ridden away (won’t stop them trying to carry it away though) – that way you can negotiate with the current ‘owner’ before calling 101 if needed.

shredder
    Free Member

Bump
    Still looking for you.

fieldy
    Free Member

Cheers Shredder. Looks like it may have gone underground??

jaylittle
    Free Member

Im very close to buttershaw so will keep an eye out. Also travelling to LBA twice a week but haven’t seen the heckler but will keep an eye out.

fieldy
    Free Member

Nice one Jaylittle 🙂

crazy-legs

Can’t be 100% sure but I think I saw the Heckler in East Manc this evening. Caught a glimpse of it in passing. I was driving along Ashton Road, scrote was riding it along the pavement in the opposite direction.

Turned the car round at the next opportunity but no further sign. Only a brief moment but it was just the wrong person for the bike. Can’t even be sure it was your Heckler but it was definitely SC (saw that much clear as anything) and it looked very similar.

matlockmeat
    Free Member

Bike theft angers me to the absolute max and it seems to be on the increase.

Why is the law not dealing with it and punishing these pieces of sh1t???

It’s easy, long sentences will lower bike crime or any crime for that matter.

I really can’t understand how these thieves can get away with a telling off,
    If they break in to an integral garage to steal bikes that is classed as a house break in and I’m pretty sure carries a heavy sentence.

fieldy
    Free Member

Crazy legs, is that Oldham a627 Ashton Road?

Matlock meat, it is very frustrating. Someone comes onto your land, breaks entry into your garage, removes two bikes which happen to be you and your sons pride and joy, and a couple of sightings but nothing happens. I think the only way these will come back is when the police are doing a routine visit to a local scrotes house and find the bikes there…although I will say the STW folk are doing good so far!!

Getting one bike back isn’t enough, we need to find out who did it and who’s been handling it, and also find the whereabouts of the other bike….then hopefully an arrest and sentence? Or a couple of fingers off for every crime committed!

It’s hard to let the whole incident go, it’s definitely had an effect on the whole family.

crazy-legs

Fieldy. A662, Ashton New Road at Droylsden.
    7.15pm this evening.

fieldy
    Free Member

Please keep your eyes open in these areas!!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Bikes West Yorkshire’ is closed to new replies.