Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stirling, GPS
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

I fancy a change this weekend, anyone got any GPS files of a good route(considering the recent rain) up stirling way? looking for something around 20/30 miles.

I’ve done dumyat before, and had a peek into cambusbarron and about, but i abondoned that last time as it was bloody baltic! 😀

Plan is just to go wandering and get lost for a bit, then GPS ourselves back to the train station. But it’d be good to have more of an idea what’s up there.

cheers

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ben Cleuch in the ochils? Bit far from the train perhpas but the route is short with a lot of climbing. will be very wet as well I guess

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ll have wee look, ta. aye I think it’s to calm down this weekend, but tbh i’m expecting mud whereever i go, canny be any worse than mugdock these days!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    seosamh77
    Free Member

Looks an option, might be a bit snowy up that high these days?

Anyone know what kinda condition that north third run likely to be in? and how close does it get to that cliff?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

how close does it get to that cliff?

Not uncomfortably close, Not done it for about 5 years, was a good ride.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

is there still a stirling bike club site with routes?

bullit
    Free Member

Ben Cleuch has snow up top so should be climbable right to the top, but possibly still a bit boggy and a push in bits once you head off the Silver Glen landy track. If you are looking for a long day out then if you make your start point at Logie Kirk you could head along base of Ochils , up silver glen and ben cleuch , down Andrew Gannel into Tillicoultry then back along road to menstrie glen path and up the east side and down normal descent off Dumyat. Takes you back to your car pretty much and has a good bit climbing and descendng in there for you. Trail conditions are far from ideal for Dumyat but nowhere is good at the moment.

DickBarton

It’s been raining all day and a fair chunk of the snow has shifted off the hills…Ben Cleuch is still covered but if the weather remains like today it will be gone but very wet.

North Third is a proper manky slippery trail that seems to be getting killed as a decent route on a weekly basis…it’s not almost a straight line job with nothing to avoid…it’s also proper wet and slidey…

To be honest, it’s going to be very wet and incredibly manky wherever you ride…so just turn up and give it a bash…unless you are in the Ochils, you’ll be hard pushed for a 30 miler without a fair portion of it being road, but to be honest, given the weather, I’m not sure that would be bad thing…

http://www.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk

and the route stuff (assuming it is still working – http://www.rootgyde.co.uk

seosamh77
    Free Member

cool cheers all!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stirling, GPS’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts