• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Statutory Holiday Entitlement.
  • Doug
    Free Member

At my place of work until last year we were entitled to 18 days holiday plus bank holidays but accrued extra holidays by length of service. If you missed a shift either side of a bank holiday you lost the BH payment as well as the pay of the shift you missed. This year we get 28 days holiday with the company choosing to give 8 of those as paid bank holiday leave. How do the new statutory holiday entitlement regulations affect this practice. I understand that the company can choose not to pay a days holiday on the bank holiday however they also insist that I loose a days entitlement as well.

This means that I am only receiving 27 days paid holiday leave this year. I believe that as I have not received a paid holiday it cannot be taken from my 28 days entitlement.

I queried this with my union official based his reply that my employer could do it on a case he was involved in last Easter which he was sure still applied until I pointed out that Easter was in March last year and therefore before the new legislation came into force and that as the employee had accrued extra holidays due to length of service he was not being taken below his statutory allowance.

Does anyone have any experience of this under the new legislation. Any help thankfully received whether good or bad.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Statutory Holiday Entitlement.’ is closed to new replies.