Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Stans Flow Rims – tyre width question
  • exilegeordie
    Free Member

Hi,

Hopefully someone can advise me on what width tyre I can run on 26″ Stans Flow Rims (tubeless). I’ve ordered some for my Blue Pig build and would like to take advantage of as much of the generous clearance available (up to 2.5″) as possible. This is my first foray into tubeless, so any advice would be much appreciated. What tyres are people running and do they rate them as a good all-weather tyre? Also, what else do I need to run a tubeless setup? Tape? Stan’s goo? Anything else?
    Cheers,

Andy

chakaping
    Free Member

Tyre width – 2.5in wil be fine.

Tyre recommendations – can of worms! easier if you say budget and riding terrain though.

Tubeless – someone else can answer that one

🙂

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Type of riding? Bit of X/C, downhill, rock garden type of stuff. I ride out of Stirling/Pentlands/7Stanes. I have no budget in mind, simply after recommendations on a tyre that’s suitable for most conditions.

nosedive
    Free Member

bontrager big earl 2.35 work great for me. Seem to be a magic combination with Flow, I inflated one with a track pump and no sealant this week! and they are tubeless ready.

you need yellow stans tape
    olympic stans valve

to go tubeless. do it, best thing I ever did

letmetalktomark

I run Minnion DH (Single ply) 2.35” on my Flows – find them great for all but the clagiest of mud riding escapades 🙂

The rims were fine to with 2.5” Maxxis tyres too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Stans Flow Rims – tyre width question’ is closed to new replies.