Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Nokian studded tyres
  • travellingman
    Free Member

Anyone know if you can buy these in the UK?

I know there are a few Schwalbe models but was just curious, as they seem to have a good reputation….

fergusd

http://www.snowbikers.com/snow_tyre.html but not showing stock
    There is a german online company that sells them also, google will find them, english website, not cheap tho’ but they aren’t no matter where you buy them . . . the Continentals are well regarded also . . .

I have a set of Hakka WXC 300’s (I think) which I bought here in Finland (working here on and off) which are brilliant . . . lots of places sell spiked tyres here, just as well . . . -15C with packed snow on the roads today, still folk out and about on their bikes in Helsinki city . . . and the weather will probably not improve a lot for 4 months 😉 . . .

dr_death
    Free Member

Just ordered mine from starbike.com in Germany. Thought I’d better given the four inches of snow outside my front door and more of it falling from the sky….

dr_death
    Free Member
    travellingman
    Free Member

Thanks chaps. A little belated in my reply.

I’d looked at the snowbikers website and Bonthrone bikes but like you say fergusd they’re not showing any stock.

I’d found them on starbike and there’s a Swedish set up called cyclecomponents.se but once you’ve added postage you’re looking at around £70 for a pair of Nokian mount & ground tyres.

I guess I’ll stick with the Schwalbes for around £25 each a pop. Beats trashing your bike….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Nokian studded tyres’ is closed to new replies.