Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stans Crest – Tubeless – What tyres
  • soobalias
    Free Member

Maxxis ADvantage Exo 2.1 – yay or nay?

given up with putting the LUST version on these rims as they are impossibly tight. Stans site isnt a great deal of help tbh.

mr_mills
    Free Member

I’ve got LUST (Crossmark) tyres on mine. Don’t give up – they’re tight but they go on and mine have been perfect since.

mattjg
    Free Member

Search the forum and you’ll find masses on here, it’s been doen gazillions of times.

I hat to cut off an ADvantage that I got on with a tube, I never tried it tubeless.

The pre UST Schwalbe Rocket Ron’s work well for me, Bontrager Mud X were fine, a friend said his Kenda Blue Groove went on easy.

Don’t ride anything you couldn’t get off and then back on (with a tube) trailside, else if you get a tyre slit that won’t seal you’re walking home.

bol

Take a look at Specialized tyres. Really good – particularly the Ground Controls – and go on and off really easily. Not the best at holding air, but not as bad as some. Cheap compared to most too.

soobalias
    Free Member

not my bike or i might persevere. Its a mates and he is mechanically challenged at the best of times and with his luck he will tear the sidewall first time out and these tyres dont come off

i got one mounted and popped up with a tube but the other one wouldnt mount, it was a struggle on a mormal rim and 48hrs at 50psi did nothing to stretch it out.

soobalias
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/maxxis-exo-tubeless

that answers my questions. tough sidewalls and easy up

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

So far, I’ve been very happy with the following on Crests with yellow tape and Stans fluid:
    – Bonty MudX 2.0 (front and rear)
    – Maxxis Minion standard SP Supertacky 2.35 (current front)
    – Maxxis Larsen TT LUST 2.0 (current rear)
    – Specialized Purgatory 2Bliss 2.2? (previous front, comes up very big)

All went on by hand (no levers) and seated with just a track pump and neat fairy.

whatgoesup

I just put some Contintental Mountain King Racesport 29″ onto a pair of crest rims last night, they went on by hand (tight but no levers) and come off OK with levers, and pumped up fine tubeless with a track pump. Just as an experiment I tried one with my small rucksack pump, and was amazed when that went up as well. Not ridden them yet though…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stans Crest – Tubeless – What tyres’ is closed to new replies.