Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • stag do ideas
  • ads-b
    Free Member

Looking for ideas for a stag do this winter. Want to avoid a massive lads mash up in blackout or ibiza. One idea was 6 nations rugby, but getting enough tickets looks tricky.

Any good suggestions will be great.

Ta

topper

Hire one of the new luxury log cabins in the Forest of Dean for the weekend. Spend a day riding Afan. Spend a day riding around pubs in the Forest. Evenings spent in the hot tub or down the local.

Job’s a good un!

Harry_the_Spider

Do not, Repeat DO NOT, kill a hooker.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsAm2UvcKI4[/video]

ericemel
    Free Member

Oktoberfest – just had mine there – best weekend I have ever had.

magowen100
    Free Member

Hire mobility scooters and do a pub crawl or dress the stag up as a school boy and everyone else as Michael Jackson (great as you can do everything from the ‘fro and flares through to white glove and bondage trousers) then chase him round all the pubs/bars/nightclubs you can find.

U31
    Free Member

Here is a novel idea.
    Go out with the lads for a quiet night in a pub, having quality conversation. Come home, to your own home, and have a good nights sleep, without talking to the big white telephone.
    Quit with the juvenile pranks and one-up-manship eh?

jon1973
    Free Member

Here is a novel idea.
    Go out with the lads for a quiet night in a pub, having quality conversation. Come home, to your own home, and have a good nights sleep, without talking to the big white telephone.

I tend to agree about the stupid pranks, but you should be doing something different to what you’d noramlly do on any given Friday or Saturday night.

I went quad biking on mine during the day and then a bit of a pub crawl / club in the evening and stayed in a B&B with my mates – somewhere different and away from our home town. Was a great weekend.

KT1973
    Free Member

Copious amounts of booze, strippers and cocaine. Punch your mate in the mouth. Shit on the pool table. Job done.

U31
    Free Member

Copious amounts of booze, strippers and cocaine. Punch your mate in the mouth. Shit on the pool table. Job done.

Sounds like an average Saturday night out with our lot that, but its weeing over the Dj booth, not dumping on the pool table…

DT78
    Free Member

Look up mountain mayhem. Had a great time there on my stag do, went mountain biking in cwmcarn day before, then offroad rally karts & hovercrafts the next day. Hired a barn in a nearby village. BBQ & beers.

magowen100
    Free Member

If my best man organised a quiet night at the local for my stag do I’d be a bit peeved TBH. Its not as if you intend to get married more than once!
    Best stag do’s I’ve been on have had a combination of ‘doing something’ (clay pigeon shooting/ watersking/ go-kart driving/ shooting range etc)juvenille behaviour (dressing up, beer games) and general stupidity.
    Least memorable one was a chinese followed by a nightclub in the local town, it was just too ordinary, felt like any other friday night.

Jerome
    Free Member

One word
    Two words
    One more word

RegP
    Free Member

Google Call of the Wild, an adventure sports place near Swansea, they do lots of activitites and sort everything. I used them as a best man, we did the cayoning and quad bikes, the quads were a bit tame but the cayoning was very good.

They sorted out a very nice hotel 2 mins out of Swansea and Swansea was a very good night out. Let me know if you want any information. Think it was about £200 per person for the activities and two night accom, they took us to all activities so no worries on being a bit over in the morning etc.

jd-boy
    Free Member

I was the best man we did a combined stag and hen do, we all went carting, men v the girls, it was outdoor carting all day, it rained all day, more like hovercraft racing, we all had a great time, and all out to dinner in the evening, a very social day

TiRed

+1 for quad-biking, afternoon in a nice warm pub thawing out, followed by Michelin starred restaurant would get my vote. After that you are on your own.

Other ideas:
    Winetasting at vinopolis
    Snowboarding lesson at Snow zone
    Youth hostel and a hike in the dales
    Trip to Afan for bike riding and warm pub
    Clay pigeon shoot – great fun and I’m hopeless at it!
    PAINtballing – if you must, my 13yo lives it.

A mix of outdoor activity and a quality meal would get my vote every time. If I were organizing, I’d pick the quad-biking again, it really was very good and not as technical as a bike ride might be.

steveh

I’d say the ideal one is whatever the groom wants it to be. The best one I’ve been on (and I was best man but the groom pretty much arranged it all) was a day trip to royal ascot racing and then back to the home town, meal, few beers and a nightclub. The wife to be and other partners came along too.

It was the best one I’ve been as it made the groom happier than anything else would have.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘stag do ideas’ is closed to new replies.