Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Is your current bike your best to date?
  • Alek
    Free Member

I'm riding a Cotic Soda for endurance events mostly (one bike does all for me) and can honestly say it is the best bike I've ridden to date. I'm sure another will come along one day that ticks the boxes but not had a single regret since buying it.

Where do you find yourself at this moment?

Even after the above statement, I still hunger for a 29er!! its never ending this cycling drug 🙂 and I'm addicted big time.

coogan
    Free Member

Yes. It's recently taken over the No.1 spot.

ton

i have 3 at the moment
    2 offroad, 1 of which is good at the stuff the other is bad at, and the other is good at the stuff the 1st is bad at, and the 3rd is ace at the stuff the others are bad at.

so i suppose between them they make a good bike,probably the best i have ever had.

jedi

i still love the hummer. the bottlerocket is begining to die after 2 months!
    play in linkage etc…:)
    long live the hummer oh and the demo9 🙂

Crag
    Free Member

No. Currently riding a 5 Spot which should on paper be the best bike I've owned.
    However, can't help thinking that I preferred the ride of my Meta (although don't miss the build quality!)

nicko74

Yup. Coincidentally also a Soda. HUrrah! 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

I'll tell you when the next one arrives (hopefully next week)

valleydaddy
    Free Member

hell yes by some too

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Been mostly riding a Kinesis Maxlight XC Pro2 for about 3 years including lots of enduros, Transalp, last year's Kielder 100, SXC and I just feel 100% at home on it.

However, I did this year K100 on a Titus Racer X which I built up from ebay purchases and it was truly superb.

Early days, but it may just be a new favourite. I spent this afternoon replacing the brake levers so that it feels just right in every way.

Lionheart
    Free Member

A Whyte, (more XC, longer rides) and a Heckler (more DH, gravity blasts) here, combined should be the best bike I have owned, each is great at what they do but neither is as good as the 'Soul' they replaced. 😉
    Had a day on a Soda, thought it was very very good but just not as much fun as the Soul!?! Once tried a Hummer and have always lusted after one since.
    Oh and for some strange reason I am nearly always on my pile of bits costing no more than £200 that makes up an On-One single speed. 😯

yunki
    Free Member

yes

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Yes

james
    Free Member

Yes, but I think I've thought it was better (whether it actually was I don't know). Its gotten heavier and more sluggish, damn progressing skills and riding ambition

bigbob38
    Free Member

In the process of a major upgrade on a charge duster ss frame – in original spec i loved it lots so with all the new stuff arriving this week and a new paint job I won't be able to stay off it 😀

Cheap, simple and perfect!!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep 😀 . . . and I have an ever so slightly shonkier version which is every bit as fun and almost as heavy, albeit with half the travel, for commuting/shopping duties. Job done . . . for now 😉

fontmoss
    Free Member

undoubtedly

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Yes and no

trail_rat
    Free Member

dunno yet …..

i just jumped on the ti wagon alek – bought a ragley TD-1 frame last week

i hope its everything i want it to be …. its rohloff hubbed , carbon fork with 29 inch wheels uber light with all durable componants on it ….

my merida was never as good as my garyfisher rig – i cant put my finger on it , it was a lovely bike to ride but my rig just had that special something – certainly was always the bike i went to in the shed …..

hopefully this TD-1 im building will fill the void and become the new rig !

Filthy
    Free Member

Definately the best hardtail I've ever ridden… I'm tempted to get the Ti version it's that good.

Blue Pig btw

messiah
    Free Member

Yes, even with a pishy shock.

HansRey

nah, my merlin is great but not that inspiring on big stuff, and the marin weighs more than John Prescott. And it's not as pretty as him too

stevede
    Free Member

Yes, my boring old orange five does everything i require of it now that i've got a coil shock and an rp23 to swap between. I've had bikes that do a single job better but this is the first bike i've had that i haven't wanted to change for something a bit more or a bit less travel. Probably could've been any 5" trail bike as they are all pretty good these days but my five is a keeper.
    Teamed with an inbred with 100mm rebas i have a pair of bikes i'm very happy with – do miss shopping around for my next bike though lol!

_tom_
    Free Member

Hard to say as I just upgrade things when they break so its never been a fully off the shelf complete build. It's working well now though 🙂

Northwind

I reckon so. Not convinced the Mmmbop's better than the Soul as yet, different and suits me well but I think realistically worse overall… but the Hemlock's definately the best bike I've owned and the best bike I've ridden. Fell on my feet there really, and now I've had time to mess around with it I'm still geting more out of it. Fab.

PJM1974
    Free Member

My old bike (a 2004 Enduro) had fallen into disrepair over the years, so I bought myself a new Wolf Ridge. Two rides on the WR was enough to convince me that a revolution had taken place in the five intervening years.

An unexpected windfall allowed me to rebuild the Enduro with modern kit and my zombie Specialized surprised me no end…it climbs well, is a solid ride and covers mile after mile without complaint. Is it as good as my Wolf Ridge? No, but not nearly as much as the marketing hype had led me to believe.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Oh yes, my Hummer is amazing, I grin every time I ride it!

marsdenman
    Free Member

Yes.

epicsteve
    Free Member

My much upgraded '03 Epic is still the best general bike I've ridden, however I have plans for a lighter rebuild of my '04 Sworks Enduro that might give it a run for it's money.

I've also just got my BFe pretty much where I want it now and reasonably light (28.5lbs) for a bike with 160mm forks, but it remains to be seen whether it'll rival my Soul long term.

Alek
    Free Member

i just jumped on the ti wagon alek – bought a ragley TD-1 frame last week

i hope its everything i want it to be …. its rohloff hubbed , carbon fork with 29 inch wheels uber light with all durable componants on it ….

You'll be flying Terry…………..

Interestingly a number of Yes's have all been Ti :mrgreen:

epicsteve
    Free Member

Interestingly a number of Yes's have all been Ti

Although in my case I have a Ti bike (Zion) and it's no-where near making the list.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Having not ridden my handjob for a good few months, I took it out the other week and fell in love with it again, **** awesome bike.

My Nicolai CC is without a doubt the fastest bike I've ever owned, it climbs brilliantly, single tracks great but is just a little sketchy on the rough descents, hence why I'm thinking of changing it for something slightly more towards the trail side of things as opposed to XC, but then again – if I remember to drop the post it's loads better 😆

My roadie is the best road bike I've ever had, but then again I haven't had once since I was 13 😆 and my Plug is way better for commuting than the Boardman hybrid I had before it, just so simple, quick and robust.

My iO is the reason I didn't ride the Handjob for months………..

Hairychested
    Free Member

My newest is an ancient Raleigh Esquire fixie that's too big for me so isn't best.
    The 2nd newest hasn't been built yet as no AZ adaptor in the Hairyland yet.
    The 3rd newest was great in Swinley but haven't seen the outdoors for 10 months.
    The 4th newest is a laugh but belongs to my Wife, can't trash it too much then.
    I still reckon the best bike ever was my Spesh SX that got nicked years ago. Or maybe the Rocky Mountain Hammer that my ex "borrowed". Or the Puch SS 650b-wheeled roadbike forgotten by the removal company.
    No, I know, it was my Yamaha RXS100!

Euro
    Free Member

Best at what?

The Commie MiniDH is the best bike at going down hills/mountains fast (never had another FS bike before)

The Marin HT is the best at riding single track (again never had that kind of bike before)

The DMR Drone is not the best at street and jumps – but it's probably down to the fact that I don't push myself like I used to when doing that sort of thing.

The best bike i ever owned way my '91 Haro Sport bmx. I never took it anywhere near a hill/mountain, but I had thousands of hours of fun on it, and I could do anything I wanted on it. (not backflips though – you gotta draw the line somewhere 😆

clunker

yes but fancy a change

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Is your current bike your best to date?’ is closed to new replies.