Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • SSWC and camping
  • tazzymtb

Ringo- with less attention whores going you won’t to work so hard to stand out in a crowd of freaks. Every cloud has silver lining.

Hope everyone that makes it has a spiffing time

sswc2011
    Free Member

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments. We have been working hard on organizing the event and the camping is something we asked the local community to help us out with, they have been fantastic so far. We know the price isn’t right and we will make sure that it is fair for everyone…..Camping IS organised now!

In terms of ferrys/travel, we are going to contact Stena Line/Fast Net and see if they will offer a discount to those traveling from the UK. Is there anyone else that you think we should contact??

We’re not trying to over charge people and annoy people, we’re trying to ensure that everyone has a safe, drink fuelled enjoyable trip. To be fair there is loads of stuff that you don’t know about that we’re organizing and we’d appreciate your patience. PLEASE DO NOT judge the event on the price for camping….that’s what it seems is being done….and we’re going to DRINK our way our of recession in Ireland not rip people off to do it….and by the way part of SS spirit is that you don’t know what is going to happen until it happens……wait and see 🙂

Keef
    Free Member

agree,I hope everyone has a great time,wish I was still going,but for me it’s just too expensive,got other priorities atm.

to be fair,the major drawback is the ferry cost,how they can justify over £400 for a vehicle and 4 passengers is beyond me,when it cost around £120 for a car and up to 5 passengers return to Belgiumland !

Ringo,don’t forget your passport and ID,you will get mistaken for a native…..

MrSparkle

In terms of ferrys/travel, we are going to contact Stena Line/Fast Net and see if they will offer a discount to those traveling from the UK

Fair play to you, squire. Looks like you are trying hard. Iamout anyway as I can’t get enough Brownie points to do SSEC & SSWC. Hopefully we’ll be @ SSUK though.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Discount on ferry would be a bonus!

uplink
    Free Member

Don’t forget guys Tesco Clubcard points can be redeemed 3:1 for Irish Ferries

rapiddescent

about cost:

you should have seen how much it cost to ride in california, new zealand and so on in the past. ireland is cheap as chips by comparison. having only been to 2 SSWC’s before – my view is that the mood and feel of it is waay different to the UK’s and EC’s (both of which have their own charm and character).

even if it is once in a lifetime trip to a SSWC – it will be worth the pilgrimage.

(bring a donkey and, if you can find them, three wise men)

mick_r

Since when did every SSWC get free camping?

I seem to remember….

Sweden – sort yourself out in Stockholm, capital of a very expensive country – nobody complained.

Scotland – sort yourself out in Aviemore – rip off central for accom in August – nobody complained.

Wales – sort yourself in Bristol for the pre race party. Then 1 night free camping on a midge infested hillside with Canadian burp rapping
    🙂

Good luck with the organising Irish peeps – it must be a thankless task.

Blackhound

Ferry booked this week, got the last berth on the trip home!

I have been able to justify it by taking my parents home (too old to hire a car now) to Mayo (where I lived as a little boy) and Limerick. Double whammy is my cousin being ordained a week before SSWC just up the road so will be a good couple of weeks for me.

If the SSWC team are still looking for entertainment ideas what about getting the localish Gemma Hayes to sing a few songs – that would be worth the expense;-)

JohnClimber
    Free Member

sswc2011 – Member
    In terms of ferrys/travel, we are going to contact Stena Line/Fast Net and see if they will offer a discount to those traveling from the UK. Is there anyone else that you think we should contact??

Let us know by email ASAP on this please as a motor home is bloody expensive to bring over as well.

rockymayhem
    Free Member

Right folks, re camp site prices, we have stripped back the costs and this is the best we can come up with and we hope this will make you all happy! Just to tell you again that we want your stay around Kilfinane to be as great as possible and we hope this helps.
    Pre-bookings will be flat rate of €10 per person per night, payable in advance. Drop-in bookings on the weekend on 27th August (if space is available) will cost €12 per person per night.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

See you at the main camping ground (I hope) of Kilfinane Forest FC.

1 big campervan, 2 people & 1 dog for the Friday & Saturday nights at least

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Any news on those ferry discounts, about to book soon!

DD
    Free Member

ferry discounts, I was intending to wait and see but bottled it a due to limited availability.

So is camping now finalized, I don’t want to go a book that then find the fee gets reduce, the missus will have my knackers on a platter…

Are there any more financial surprises yet to be discovered? Saturday evening entertainment, Parking…

I’m in balls deep now, nowt left 🙄

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Camping invoice just came tonight.

40 euros = £35 for 2 nights for 2 people isn’t that bad.

SSWC 2007 the B&B was a lot more.

Will pay it tomorrow(ish)

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Just had an email in from Kate from SSWC’s saying

“We are happy to announce we are negotiating a deal with Stena Line, all the details and links to the SSWC exclusive offers should be up on Monday.”

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Half price ferry booked

http://www.stenaline.co.uk/sswc

Motor home 2 people £223

MrSparkle

That’s not bad. Fair play.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘SSWC and camping’ is closed to new replies.