Viewing 35 posts - 81 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • SSUK 2011
  • MrAgreeable

Del, we’ve been looking into doing just that. Drop me an email (in my profile) if you’re interested, as we’re mostly Bristol-based and could do with a bit of local input to get things off the drawing board.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

We have 2 proposals. Andy and myself will take it over and let the winning bid know ASAP. Decision and press release should be out by Dec 1st.

Clink

quantocks would make a good venue. lots of trails and there’s a scout campsite there too…

Good site and great trails and in the SW – ideal! Bring it on!

steve_b77
    Free Member

It sounds crazy but what about Delamere Forest, I’m more than certain you could set up a decent lap with plenty of features.

There’s a few campsites that already exist in the area and I wouldn’t mind betting that there’d be a land owner near the forest who’d let you use some field or another to set up site.

carole
    Free Member

very interested – putting a proposal together – did the ssuk2010 and loved it – lets see what happens – would love to get involved if it has been agreed for a bristol based/somerset based event – know the quantocks/mendips really well – let me know

gil_

I know it’s not really in keeping with the “single speed” feel but…

Decision and press release should be out by Dec 1st.

We’re waiting 😉

stumpynya12
    Free Member

2nd of decemeber and we are still waiting 8)

clubber
    Free Member

I should probably state that LVIS isn’t going to bid this year as we feel that the selection committee is corrupt and we’re not willing to go down that road just to win the event 😉

Or really we just can’t get a venue we can be sure of this year so we’ll aim for 2012 since there are no other big events that could rival us then…

mtbmatt
    Free Member

We had a late proposal in that we had to consider, but can tell you a decision has been made!

I’ll leave it to the 2011 hosts to say where, press release due out soon.

thekingofsweden

Cop out !

The Russians didn’t get that too did they ?

epicyclo

It’s not us 🙁

(Unable to offer FIFA size inducements)

But in reality the best proposal won 🙂

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

the location has been announced on the STW twitter…….

Aidan
    Free Member

Yep, it’s going to be in the South East. I sent a press release out, but since we don’t have confirmed dates or a venue yet I suppose it wasn’t a very compelling story 🙂

In reality, it’s probably quite like the World Cup. SSUK has been to Wales, Scotland, The North. Now it’s time to have it near London!

I’ve set up a web page and a Twitter account for people who are interested in following it. The next major step will be to announce the date and venue which will go out to MTB websites too anyway.

http://twitter.com/ssuk_2011
    http://www.ssuk2011.com/

ton

sarf east, sarf east…………… 🙄

ahwiles
    Free Member

i can’t cope with gears, don’t expect me to understand twitter.

wtf is twitter?

pjt201
    Free Member

Seat of the pants race organising – no venue, no date, just a location. I like it. Perhaps LVIS were trying to be too organised in advance…

Aidan
    Free Member

Well there is a venue and a general date in mind, but it’s not booked yet. Booking before finding out whether we would actually be running the race seemed a bit premature!

ahwiles – You can always just keep an eye on here!

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Have the Gorrick boys got it?

Aidan
    Free Member

And like I said, I don’t know 100%, but I think the decision was mostly about sharing it around the country. We had Bristol not that long ago.

clubber
    Free Member

100!

Aidan
    Free Member

It’s not going to be at a Gorrick venue (not that there’s anything wrong with their races)

tollah
    Free Member

Surprise suprise stw not doing the press release! We had the same issue with the Euros! And we’re still waiting for the prizes to arrive (looks out of the window to see the postman drive off again with no box!)

Good luck with the event, looking forward to next year should be a fantastic year for SS events.

D0NK

Eagerly awaiting the full when/where details, will have to get this booked 🙂

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Will I have to get my passport stamped?

Good luck Aidan 😉

Aidan
    Free Member

It’ll be quite a bivvy trip if you ride there again, Stuart!

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

There’s a thought 😀

I’ve already got a route planned for bivvying my way to SSWC.

Jase
    Free Member

Is there a rough idea of the date i.e. the month?

Aidan
    Free Member

Probably the first half of August. SSWC is at the end of the month so we don’t want to clash with that.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Booking august off work then 😉

Jase
    Free Member

Thanks

postierich
    Free Member

The South East! 😥 doubt my bus will make it that far,glad the Worlds is nearer 😀 and no doubt better tasty beer.

igm

Excellent, no climbs this time then… 53×11 anyone?

(I’m going to live to regret that I suspect)

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Yes, you are most certainly going to regret that statement!

charliedontsurf

I was mulling this over. Thank f someone has picked up the job. Maybe Dorset in 2012?

rents
    Free Member

South east – pippingford?

Viewing 35 posts - 81 through 115 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘SSUK 2011’ is closed to new replies.