Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • SSUK 11
  • mustard
    Free Member

Aouch!

That sucks – I had meant that I was going to email Aiden to see if he had a reserve list he would like to offer my place to. I never expected, or asked for, a refund and sold my place to dave360 off of here – for a discount as I figured if he hadn’t asked for it I wouldn’t have got anything.

I hope Aiden’s experience doesn’t put him, or others, off organising events in future. People willing to put their time and effort into organising events for us to ride in/at deserve support and appreciation, not abusive emails for the sake of a few quid!

Do people actually think that SSUK is some mega-corp with someone permanently poised at a keyboard?!

p.s. dave360 – if you’re reading this, I hope you enjoyed it and drank my share of the beer 🙂

ssjeff
    Free Member

Great event shame that Aiden offered any refunds at all he was too kind

Asking for a refund just because the weather looks a bit dodgy etc is a bit ……….

All I can say is the event was better for those types not turning up

I guess when they realised there wasn’t a 10 storey marquee etc etc they thought it wouldn’t be a good event !

Wrong but hey don’t tell em cos I’m happier if they don’t come

Ringo
    Free Member

Wow having just read that blog entry im amazed people can be that lame,it was a great event and cheap to boot, if people were pulling out due to weather etc thats up to them i cant believe they would want a refund!!!

^^^^^^^THIS

singlespeedstu

Jeff has hit the nail square on the head there.

Clink

Asking for a refund just because the weather looks a bit dodgy etc is a bit ……….

I cancelled and asked for a refund, but didn’t expect one. New job meant I had to cancel at last minute – I was gutted not to go. I spent whole weekend being pissed off and resenting work.

Hmmm…I can’t have been only one with a genuine reason?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

It was an excellent event (even though I was cursing through out the race) I even had fun MCing for rollapaluza for the night.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I was just chuckling to myself on my early morning ride this morning at the ‘ ride it as you see it ‘ line at the start- proper funny!

Morvelo should do a tee shirt with it on

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘SSUK 11’ is closed to new replies.