Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • SSEC ? A ride at speed with freaky folk ?
  • stumpynya12
    Free Member

Whats all this about then ? One gear eh ? Beards and cheese ? Beer Stops ? Ridding around a course and MOST definitely not actually racing each other ?
    Bring it on ? Good on you nich'e boys the “Yarkshire Crew are on their way” and we will be partying hard & ridding pissed…..

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

What is this riding at speed you speak of? I do not think i will be doing that.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

0.5mph is a speed isn't it?

sheldona
    Free Member

Riding? I thought SSers just whored it up and pushed their bikes at arm length in order not to catch their beards in the front wheel?

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Sorry guys we just didn't want to use the "*ace" word . Our crew are well up for a group ride to the beer stop and then we party "in the sunshine"

sheldona
    Free Member

Beer stop? Party? WTF do you think this is? There's people asking whether they can have 'feeders' passing them bottles as they rrrr** sorry ride past quickly

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

There's people asking whether they can have 'feeders' passing them bottles

Now that sounds like the perfect oppurtunity for you to flex your organisational muscles, with the answer 'yes, provided the fluid is over 6.0% ABV'

stumpynya12
    Free Member

I think it’s a massive excuse to rrrrrrrraaaa (nearly said it) to ride around a bit and MAINLY get pissed, i.e the normal and correct format for a dam fine week end.
    I hope our cross dressing habit is acceptable at this event ? Oh and we drink Taboo or Mirage, neat of course 8)

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Will there be any night riding to be done there? Preferably alcohol fuelled.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Night ride ! Night ride ! after drinking copious amounts of ale ? Why it would be rude not to . We best do it Friday night as we will be knackered after rrrrrraaaa (whoops nearly) . Meet at the front of the hotel , to avoid confusion we will be the group on single speed cycles.

Pierre

oh crap, I'm never going to be able to grow a beard in time. Maybe I can find one of these…

: P

rOcKeTdOg

I shall be trackside with chilled beer and anusol, handed to anyone who looks needy

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

You dispensing with a smile rd?

*practices 'needy' face*

tazzymtb

I shall be mainly be lying in a ditch after drinking my absinthe and making possibly the worlds most evil snakebite from barterd booze, leffe and homemade scrumpy! I'm sure at some point I may actual pedal the bike although I'm such a mincer I'll probably just take it for a nice walk. 😀

TheSwede
    Free Member

oh taz, leffe blonde or brune ?

leggyblonde
    Free Member

blonde!

psling
    Free Member

Warm Cheese Gels will be force-fed to any rrrrrra…c…e…snakes 😯

Pierre, not sure I like the fixing method for that facial murkin, the ring in the nose.

And anyone wanting to venture into the woods at night does so entirely at their own risk, the Blair Witch thingy has nothing on the FoD. You have been warned… 😯 😯

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Anyone wanting to venture into the woods with the "Yarkshire Cross Dressing Crew" will be made most welcome but they do so at their own risk and subject to the sheep running out !!!! Meet outside the hotel at 01.00hrs Saturday, please bring your own gels…

Oh its getting exciting already and we will soon be rrrrraaa….c….e sorry I mean cycling around a lot.

singlespeedstu

we drink Taboo or Mirage, neat of course

So does the 'tollah.

Only he has his mixed 50/50 with tomato juice. 😆

clubber
    Free Member

I love the whole contrived "we're not racing, no really" thing. I look forward to seeing the majority "not racing" off the line and not moaning about being held up on the singletrack 🙂

Based on my fitness and carefully planned training,I'll be racing for a 4th quartile place and have been sharpening my elbows in preparation.

psling
    Free Member

All this talk of rrrraa…c…in…, I've seen the route and it's the only course I've ever seen with more total ascent than descent. I'd be worn out doing it on a MX Bike 😳

Oh, and good luck to everyone…

singlespeedstu

I love the whole contrived "we're not racing, no really" thing.

Well I won't be r….g as I have a very important job* to do.

*drinking beer and heckling tryhards.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

We wont be r….a…ing "Because we are having a large party once we ride quickly to the beer stop/bar cocktail area" but we will be making sure any "RACERS" fuel up with lager/bitter etc… We are bringing cousin Leroy
    6ft 6" built like a brick shit house and can hit a moving target with a full can at 100 yards 😉 As at SSUK2009 "drink it or wear it my son"

tazzymtb

The Swede-Blonde please as Brun upsets my delicate constitution.

Anyone lobbing beer in the general direction of a taz will discover the joys of forced body piercing using a rusty chain splitter….pereniums and scrotes a speciality 😀

fontmoss
    Free Member

As at SSUK2009 "drink it or wear it my son"

awesome!

marshalls could perhaps have a drink shortcut? and/or a shortcut for those at the back to steam through on the skinsuit* brigade completely unjustifiable?

*im still contemplating the kilt if my gooch can handle it, this is not, repeat not the same as a skinsuit. Its far worse.

sheldona
    Free Member

[Sensible hat on] Please do not ride in the arboretum just outside the hotel, the event will get cancelled in a split second if a rider is spotted in there. Thats not our rule its the FC's [/Sensible hat on]

iirc it was one of the knights of niche lobbing beer at riders that refused to take one at ssuk09 and the shots were quite good ;-D

Swede get Leffe 9 for Taz, that would sort his snakebite out!

Righto off to look at some spread sheet stuff

tazzymtb

Ayatollah- Are you trying to get me drunk? 😯

father
    Free Member

If anyone of the speedy persuasion comes across a fat old bloke wobbling along the track please try no to knock me off my bike.

sheldona
    Free Member

You going to take a bike then father? Would be easier without one 😉

IanS
    Free Member

Ok, some Qs, I'm getting nervous now;

which tyres?
    do I need a dropper seatpost?
    what travel?
    body armour?
    after dinner cheese?

No, I'm not serious. I have however realised a disadvantage to my planned fixed wheel ride though – the pedals hit your legs when walking. As that is my planned race strategy, it's a big negative. May have to remove the left pedal.

sheldona
    Free Member

In order:
    Yes you'll need some
    yes
    lots (There is an 8" travel SS coming)*
    Yes
    Copious amounts of it 😉

HTH

*That's serious!

tazzymtb

serious question…. are there going to be any dirty burger vans/ fodder mongers there as I'm debating if I can be arsed to cook, or just eat fat boy food.

sheldona
    Free Member

Food will be served in the marquee Friday night menu will be at sign on Friday.
    Sat night food is supplied by us in the marquee
    Sunday night limited bar menu
    Sat morning a breakfast van may be there, I organised this yesterday with the hotel but I can't confirm this at the moment.
    The cyclecenter will be open Fri, Sat, Sun and is just down the road.
    Sunday lunch is either fish and chips or ploughmans in a local pub, preorder at sign on £6 iirc

bungie
    Free Member

Stumpy, What's all this getting pissed about, you know you can't drink! Leave that bit of the weekend to me! And I can't wait to introduce Mrs Stumpy AKA Fluffy to the SSEC bretheren. Bring on the dancing girls!

'Night time, day time'

fontmoss
    Free Member

im bringing these bell ends

you'll be able to identify us because we'll be wearing these

and possibly these

epicyclo

fontmoss – Member
    …and possibly these

You a MacLeod?

tazzymtb

no he's a lady cos he's wearing a skirt

thekingofsweden

Ooh there's a lot of excitement and rightfully so :-)))

Lots of use of the 'R' word tho.

See ya Friday

fontmoss
    Free Member

not a macleod, ive got a beer drinking/race kilt 😉

its not a skirt-we dont wear pants*

*we might wear shorts though, been a while since my gooch saw that much abrasion

epicyclo

Wear shorts unless you want muddy grit abrading your saddle with your ghoolies as the polishing pad.

Experience…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘SSEC ? A ride at speed with freaky folk ?’ is closed to new replies.