Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sram X9 10 speed Type 2 Rear Mech – anywhere have stock?
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

Tredz cancelled my order today, CRC out, Wiggle out, anyone know of any stock?Long cage preferably.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Also any difference in Type 2 vs Type 2.1?

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member
    cruzcampo
    Free Member

Cheers 🙂

That looks very tempting!

I’ve done some quick googling before work and not finding much on Type 2 vs Type 2.1. I’m wondering have they tweaked/fixed something on the rear roller bearing clutch, i’ve read reports of them locking up and making a clicking noise, albeit rarely.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Not heard of 2.1. Interesting if it’s fixed some issues.

cruzcampo – Member
    i’ve read reports of them locking up and making a clicking noise, albeit rarely

Probably from me. I bang on about it a bit 😀

Seems to be all related to sticky clutches. There’s at least one MTBR thread about issues with it and someone posted a guide to servicing them. There’s really not much inside compared to the Shimano clutches. They seem to just be designed to make the thing stiffer when the cage moves.

As for stock, if the warehouse places are out, the smaller ones will generally be out of stock too as they rarely hold the stock themselves, they just quote in stock based on what the distributor says and quote a delivery time based on getting it from them within a day or two. Or in my experience the stock level system inaccurately shows in stock, so you order and they cancel it because they can’t get it, then I try another place and same happens.

Could be a sign they’re bringing in a new model then. Maybe that’s the 2.1. Or they’re rebranding it.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

thanks deadkenny.

The sram site now shows all the 2.1s but doesnt say whats chnaged ? Bit of a stealth release. Makes me want to hold for stock though, if im going 10 speed might as well have the latest revisions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sram X9 10 speed Type 2 Rear Mech – anywhere have stock?’ is closed to new replies.