Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Light 24" MTB rims…
  • igm

Any suggestions?

Preferably 32h as I have some spare hubs.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Stans Crest is now available in 24″

Velocity do some (eg Aeroheat), but not as light as the Crest.

igm

Crest? Oh my!

doof_doof
    Free Member

310g 😀

tymbian
    Free Member

Sun envy?

poah
    Free Member

crest are the lightest – everything else is 400g or more but the crests are around £68 each.

igm

And effectively lighter still once you tubeless them.

the-muffin-man

Is 24″ the new 650b!!?

Have I missed something!

nemesis
    Free Member

Kids bikes I assume…

igm

It’s more the new 29er for very lucky eight year olds (with fathers who like building bikes)

poah
    Free Member

I got Lewis a set of 24 inch wheels built up using alex ace 20 rims and SS switch hubs. come in at 1705g (F800g, R905g) using DT DB & sapim race DB spokes and brass nipples. I set them up tubeless with superstar tape and valves (gorilla tape and DT valves are better) with Rocket Ron tyres although I had to use a ghetto inflator to get them to seal.

Can see some pictures here

could shave off 190g using crest rims (£136) and 158g using Circus Monkey HDW3 hubs (£110). The total cost for the SS/alex wheels was £150 incl build. I saved 505g on the wheels not including going tubeless

andyl
    Free Member

Is 24″ the new 650b!!?

Have I missed something!

have you not heard?

everyone is now switching to 24″. All 650b, 26″ and 29″ bikes are being scrapped for the new “faster accelerating” wheel size.

Don’t you want your kid to have a heavy bike so he/she can’t embarrass you? 😀

MoreCashThanDash

Dumb question – are these rim brake or disc wheels – MrsMC is petite and rides a 24″ wheel girls bike, and I keep wondering about lighter wheels for her

igm

Crest are disc.

poah
    Free Member

the alex rims have a rim brake profile.

moniex
    Free Member

I seem to remember sun singletrack rims came in 24″ and are not too bad weight wise. Used them on my sons old stinky 24. Lighter than all the dj rims out there, but not xc light. Good for a bit of dh in the alps though.

Simone

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Light 24" MTB rims…’ is closed to new replies.