Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Sram HRD pads louder than truck horns, tried everything, options?
  • noblebikes
    Free Member

Hey guys,

So i recently bought a Sram Force disc setup, I took it out for one ride after it rained and the air was quite moist and my god the brakes could have passed off as a truck horn! the pads at this point were bedded in to new rotors and just over a week old.

at first i thought it was fine, I mean they were going to make noise in the rain, whatever. But after drying off overnight I jumped on the bike ready to go and straight away, the same noise.

So i thought okay I’ll clean them, i’ve gone over the pads with some emry paper, used some of the muc off disc cleaner which normally works a treat with my mountain bike, but still the same issue occurs!

So i am wondering if anybody has had the same issues? I have checked everything from bolts to cables to pads but am just having no luck,

the only thing I can think to do is to try different rotor/pad combinations, at the moment they’re running organic pads which are meant to be less noise. I am thinking maybe swisstop pads and hope rotors?

Any advice welcomed!

Cheers

Andre

bumbly1
    Free Member

Andre, I have this too but found this link which might help? http://mbaction.com/home-page/mountain-bike-action-how-to-stop-brake-squeal

Tom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Sram HRD pads louder than truck horns, tried everything, options?’ is closed to new replies.