Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sram GXP External Bottom Bracket
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

these newest style ones any good? only ever had hope BB’s and an old shimano one, but new cranks have a gxp external bb, looks price wise around 30ish quid is it any kop or will it literally last 3 peak district rides!?!

banks
    Free Member

I had two which last approx 3 peaks rides funnily enough. Running a Hope BB after shelling out for 4 of them before i gave up.

Someone will be along now and say they’ve done 2 million under water miles with zero issues…

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Have one bike with GXP need to change every year, commuter/cx, would not opt for one if had the choice.

There is a long running Doomthread™ somewhere on here.

jekkyl

stick with hope and get an adapter? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-bottom-bracket-truvativ-gxp-converter/rp-prod26899

The prices for GXP BBs vary from time to time, sometimes in halfords for 20 quid. I cycle off and on road about 3 times a week on average whatever the weather and I usually have to replace my bottom bracket every 6 months or so. It starts making a little creak and you get to know when it’s on it’s way out.

edit: they’re 20 quid on crc now: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sram-gxp-team-bb-cups/rp-prod55194
    buy two !!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cool well ill run it as its brand new and i cant afford hope just yet (will get a decent one when this goes i guess)

i dont mind hope having used them before, but was just wondering how these sram ones faired, ill be giving it some good climbing/weather/mileage in summer see how it fairs, if its gone in 3 months ill be getting a hope or possibly even a CK if i can stretch to that

banks
    Free Member

If it lasts ’til summer – forecast snow this sunday 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sram GXP External Bottom Bracket’ is closed to new replies.