Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • spotify premium and offline content
  • huws
    Free Member

Can anyone that uses spotfy offline content confirm if it’s any good?

I’m already an unlimited user and love it to bits but just wondering if it’s worth upgrading to premium so I can listen to playlists when I’m out and about. I’ll be running it off an old iphone 3g that hasn’t had the software upgrade if that makes a difference.

speed12
    Free Member

Yeah, works brilliantly – well worth it I reckon. As a premium user you get access to the higher bitrate versions (320kbps) so it will actually sound better as well. Once your signed up you can download to your handset to your hearts content. Streaming it over 3G actually works surprisingly well – I think they make sure it buffers a decent amount so that any signal dropout doesn’t cause an instant loss in music.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Works really well on my new iPod touch

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BoardinBob

Works perfectly on phones and the streaming is almost instant on 3G, even with only 1 bar of signal. Well worth paying for.

afrothunder88

It’s a great service and definately worth paying for, I currently have 1500+ tracks synched to my phone and the streaming is also good. Bewarned though: you can only sync 3333 tracks for offline use across a max of 3 devices. Also, if you have issues, support is difficult to come by, they use a forum system that I’ve found to be pretty toss.

As for:

As a premium user you get access to the higher bitrate versions (320kbps)

Don’t expect it, a significant chunk of their library has yet to be converted despite annoucing it 2 years ago. See here

Militant_biker

Love it here. I downloaded content to my 2 iPhones, one a old 2G and a slightly less old 3G running iOS 4. Runs well on both, although it can take a wee while to load up on the 2G. I don’t get 3G here in the US, so I sync stuff in the house wi-fi and then use Spotify offline when walking to the shops.

As an aside, and for Chrome Users http://www.freshspotify.com/ can alert you when new music from your specified artists is added to Spotify. Damn handy!

huws
    Free Member

Cheers all. With all those glowing reviews it looks like I’ll be upgrading to premium, £10 a month is a small price to pay for access that much awesome new music and it’s still a darn sight cheaper than the £100 a month I was spending on CDs before I switched to spotify.

Now all I need to do is clean up and sort out all my playlists and switch to buying delicious vinyl to appease the hard working musicians who aren’t getting my money anymore.

speed12
    Free Member

Don’t expect it, a significant chunk of their library has yet to be converted despite annoucing it 2 years ago. See here

Ah, hadn’t realised that. Well, you get the option for those tracks that are anyway!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘spotify premium and offline content’ is closed to new replies.