Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sports/Physiotherapists?- Deltoid strain?
  • hora
    Free Member

From google I think I’ve narrowed it down to Deltoid strain.

Basically bench/on back doing pec/butterfly with free weights. I’ve not done weights for over 6months and stupidly I used the usual weights.

Suddenly my deltoid felt like it twisted(?) then spasmed badly.

If I try to do pressups- samething happens. Very light weight on a bench press = samething. Painful twisting spasms.

I can lift/rotate my arm straight up. Hang from the tops of a doorframe and rest on my elbows doing the Plank but anything like pressups/bench…..

Will a thumb/dig around massage help, hot bath or straight to a Physio?

globalti
    Free Member

You’ve torn the muscle. Rest will cure it, but be prepared for it to take a few weeks. Gentle massage does help as it releases endorphins, which reduce pain and promote healing.

footflaps

Muscles tend to go into spasm as a defence mechanism. You (or a physio) can release this, you basically apply pressure to the most painful part and hold it for 30s to 60s and the spasm will release. Lying / resting on a rubber ball is a good way to release muscles. If you’ve torn the muscle it will still take 1-n weeks to recover. I’m normally back to full strength after 1-2 weeks for minor muscle pulls in my back.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve tried calling him but he hasn’t called back.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Dear god dont listen to a word footflaps is telling you there.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Dear god don’t listen to anyone claiming to be a health professional who gives specific advice without a consultation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sports/Physiotherapists?- Deltoid strain?’ is closed to new replies.