Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • sport relief.. my annual rant!
  • StuMcGroo
    Free Member

gary barlow has just said that £5 would have bought a net to protect little jackson from the mosquito, the ugandan government have money, their officials are running around in mercs, government buildings are well posh, they've got a snazzy website so why the **** can't they spend the 5 quid?

rs
    Free Member

we have flash cars, nice buildings and palaces here and there's still people living in poverty or even homeless

bassspine
    Free Member

its all explained in here

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I hate to break this to you, but in case you hadnt noticed, governments are corrupt, even ours – I know, shocking isnt it?
    Now stop moaning, put your hand in your pocket, and MTFU.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thankfully, it's another year before another rant from you.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Well stu, if youre still watching it, another two kids have just died. That's saved you a tenner you miserable c*nt.

rebus
    Free Member

nicely put barnsley

grahamh
    Free Member

que the Bono anecdote..

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

yeah still watching and now moyles is in tears… pass me the bucket!

rather be a miserable c*nt than a sheep… bah.

unfortunately it won't be a year because the bbc will subject us to children in **** need and not so **** comic relief.

Edric64
    Free Member

I have said similar for years whilst band aid was raising money to fund the arms trade .We stopped a shipment of Scotch going to the government of Ethiopia.I still think most of Africa was( like it or not) better off under colonial rule

Edric64
    Free Member

People live in poverty in this country mainly because they are thick retards who sponge off the state or can't be arsed to get jobs.There is to much political correctness about things here.

nuke

I still think most of Africa was( like it or not) better off under colonial rule

I think most of Africa would have been better off it had never been under colonial rule.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Edric – the people who are 'sponging off the state' arent really the ones who are living in poverty, and by doing so are displaying that they are anything but 'thick retards'. And what does 'political correctness' have to do with anything? And by the way, check your own grammar ("to much") before dishing out the insults.

nonk
    Free Member

bit more to it than that edric i would think. 🙄
    never mind though if makes you feel good about yourself.

IanMunro
    Free Member

You'd be better off writing a letter to the Daily Mail Edric. They might give a ****.

Edric64
    Free Member

Ah you mean all the homeless drug crazed **** I step over wallowing in a mire of their own making.I gave up on them when I gave one 3 quid for the bus I was on only to watch him piss off and not get it. He then tried it again the next day so I told him to get a job and no I wouldn't give him a job If they can afford to buy fags drugs and beer they can buy food and look tidy enough to look for work.Bring back the workhouse!

Supertackysteve
    Free Member

stu and edric – hope your still watching , they've just revealed the latest total is over £16,200,000 that must be making you chaps cry – i hope it makes you hurt like hell just thinking about it.
    I'm just glad there are people out there who aren't as sad as you two.

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

I'm with Stu and Edric to a certain extent. Prove that your poverty is not due to your own doing and you can have some benfits. Otherwise, foo yuck off.

Supertackysteve
    Free Member

people buy a lottery ticket in the unrealistic hope that they'll win the jackpot – treat it like a £5 lottery ticket and hope that it changes someone elses life – for f's sake it's a bloody fiver they're after not your bloody pimped up bikes !!! rant rant rant

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

So the kids working on the rubbish dump in Nairobi are poor due to their own doing? or everyone addicted to drugs or out of work in this country in some way deserve their shitty lives? Is it all as simple as that?

brakes
    Free Member

I'd give £100 to punch both Dick and Dom in the head

woody2000

£300 million in aid from UK to India, who spent £500 million on their space program last year. Uganda has been receiving aid for half a century and it's still ****. Time for a new strategy if you ask me, cos the quick hand in pocket, guilt removal tactics aren't working IMO. 😕

Innes
    Free Member

I don't think those two girls living with their Mother and working at a rubbish tip, or the little boy doing the same in Peru are responsible for their own situation.

nonk
    Free Member

through the mrs's work i have been blown away by the amount of kids that are born into the world addicts from day one. 🙁

rickmeister

Dont have a few beers for Sport Relief.

Give them a few quid instead…

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

£300 million in aid from UK to India, who spent £500 million on their space program last year

thanks woody, i rest my case.

miserable **** or not i happily give to charity and there are countless charities struggling to raise funds as they don't get the boost from a whole night of promotion courtesy of our national broadcasting corporation. so if you lot want to sit back and rub your hands because you've done a good deed by doing what the bbc has told you to do then you can't see past the end of your noses. get your heads out of your tabloid trash and look at the bigger picture.

Scarcat67
    Free Member

I have really enjoyed the 1 million pound bike ride and watching Eddie Izard marathon awesome…They maybe celebs but they have still given up their time to help publicise the plight of those that cannot fend for themselves…not only did I donate £45, I am going to ride LEJOG in June now and raise money for Christies hospital…you can sponsor us by clicking on McRutters

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"so if you lot want to sit back and rub your hands because you've done a good deed by doing what the bbc has told you to do then you can't see past the end of your noses. get your heads out of your tabloid trash and look at the bigger picture."
    If aid doesnt get directed correctly due to political corruption, I for one wont turn my back and stop donating. I'm certainly not dictated to by the 'tabloid trash', and as a registered nurse of over twenty years, I give a damn sight more than the odd fiver on comic relief night, etc.
    And by the way, you're still a miserable c*nt.

kennyp
    Free Member

Don't get me wrong, any money raised for charity is a good thing, but are there really people out there who'll only give money to charity if some talentless bores ride a bike a bit and get on TV pretending that their "suffering" in some way gives them empathy with folk starving in Africa?

Why not just set up a charity standing order so that money gets donated regularly, rather than when some patronising TV celebrity tells you to?

I know there's the "raising awareness" thing, but are we really that shallow as a nation that we'll only give money when someone sits in a bath of baked beans for an hour? Sadly I suspect the answer is "yes".

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

nonk – through the mrs's work i have been blown away by the amount of kids that are born into the world addicts from day one.

nonk, it's going off topic but mrs mcgoo worked with 16-25 years olds at a local (international) charity. some (not all) couldn't even be bothered to get out of bed to go to town and collect their benefits, these kids are 2nd generation non-workers, there parents never worked so working is just alien to them. if you're born into that environment what are your chances? slim to non! anyway, back on topic,mrs mcgroo now works in same field but in local government, trying to spread (the lack of) funds very thinly indeed, so yes supertackysteve that £16,200,000 could be well spent at home.

ourmaninthenorth

+1 barnsleymitch

Especially this bit:

bobbyspangles

i just cannot be arsed to give to simpering celebs whos only talent seems to be doing work for chariteee mate!

prefer to give locally or to buskers/animal charities.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

barnsleybitch – If aid doesnt get directed correctly due to political corruption, I for one wont turn my back and stop donating

mitch, what are you saying? as a registered nurse i have respect for your profession, hard work, long hours, wages squeezed by the government but you'll happily give your hard earned away knowing it is funding political corruption, you must be getting paid too much.

oh, miserable **** maybe but at least i'm not suffering with pmt like you 😉

EDIT: **** hell, now ourmaninthenorth agrees with supporting political corruption too, i think we need to put more money into education and start in your neck of the woods!

jon1973
    Free Member

Now stop moaning, put your hand in your pocket, and MTFU.

I'd happily donate £50 if people on here could refrain from using the acronym MTFU from one month. I think my money is pretty safe though.

ourmaninthenorth

EDIT: **** hell, now ourmaninthenorth agrees with supporting political corruption too, i think we need to put more money into education and start in your neck of the woods!

Hell yeah. What's wrong with solid gold palaces and the sale of the entire nation's assets to the Chinese.

Oh, hold on…. maybe I know what a cuasal relationship is..!

CountZero

I donate to the local air ambulance and the rescue hovercraft at Burnham-on-sea. Charity begins at home…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Piss on pity

Cancelling the debt would do more – and most of the debt has been paid back many times over – and was spent on vanity projects anyway and spent with western companies.

We take more in debt repayments than we give in aid.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Sad how some people on this forum resort to abusing people who's opinion they don't agree with!

Giving money to charity is a noble thing, however, if these organisations are anything like the shower that run the UK, there'll be no checks as to where the money goes. Didn't a huge chunk of the Live Aid money get diverted to buy weapons? 25 years on, is the situation there any better?

The issue is to sort out the corrupt governments and civil unrest in the African sub-continent. Take Mugabe for example, he has systematically wrecked Zimbabwe, so why don't the African leaders get together and sort him out? Maybe they are all too comfortable with their luxuries funded by aid from the developed world.

Coyote
    Free Member

The issue is to sort out the corrupt governments and civil unrest in the African sub-continent. Take Mugabe for example, he has systematically wrecked Zimbabwe, so why don't the African leaders get together and sort him out? Maybe they are all too comfortable with their luxuries funded by aid from the developed world.

I can't find much to disagree with there.

Edric64
    Free Member

I may be blunt in the way I make points but I do give .The Red Cross get my dosh by direct debit monthly

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘sport relief.. my annual rant!’ is closed to new replies.