Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Spooky coincidence?
  • redted
    Free Member

Anybody race the Lincs league cross race yesterday at Bourne woods. My mate said a deer ran through the pack just after the start taking a load of riders out from about P6 back? he was in front luckily so didn’t really know what happened?

Maybe bikers are now fair game for deers/gazelles/wildebeast etc after the Youtube thread which dominated the forum last week?

wwaswas

I’ve read that the Wildebeest migration is going via Mountain Mayhem next year.

Bregante

I hope it’s not been caught on video. The sheer number of threads will break the interweb

passtherizla
    Free Member

I saw a stag at cannock yesterday at the view point atop the monkey…. impressive aren’t they.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Isn’t there a video clip of something similar to that floating around this forum?

druidh
    Free Member
    alfabus
    Free Member

that has to be about the lamest coincidence ever:

1. A mountain biker in Africa was hit by an antelope.
    <meanwhile, thousands of miles away and some weeks later>
    2. Some CX riders had a Deer run past them.

Spooky!

Dancake
    Free Member

The deer are up to something. My wife and I were chatting about that vid on the way to the FOD Sunday and one jumped out in front of us. Thankfully it changed it’s mind before putting a new dent in the car

(near the jumpy jump area)

to be fair there is a “beware of the deer” sign nearby

stumpy01

Someone got their back wheel taken out by a deer at the D2D.

The deers aren’t happy!! 😀

redted
    Free Member

“that has to be about the lamest coincidence ever:

1. A mountain biker in Africa was hit by an antelope.
    <meanwhile, thousands of miles away and some weeks later>
    2. Some CX riders had a Deer run past them.

Spooky! “

Your probably right, your coincidence about seeing a set of chimney sweep brushes in screwfix was much more interesting!

I was merely concerned and wondered if anybody was hurt coz if it was anything like the video, it could have been pretty serious?

Lesson learned, I will choose a more appropriate title for my next post.

njee20
    Free Member

He does raise a good point though, it’s not really a co-incidence. Had it been an escaped gazelle it would be more weird. Or if the deer had the sole South African in the race. But otherwise… not so sure.

A bit like Alanis Morrisette’s “Ironic” where nothing is actually ironic, just a bit shit.

alfabus
    Free Member

your coincidence about seeing a set of chimney sweep brushes in screwfix was much more interesting!

I did think that when I typed that not long afterwards… I guess it was a coincidence that I was writing about two coincidences in such a short time span.

Lesson learned, I will choose a more appropriate title for my next post

Excellent. My work here is done 🙂

A bit like Alanis Morrisette’s “Ironic” where nothing is actually ironic, just a bit shit.

See also ‘random’, and its myriad misuses where ‘abstract’ would be more appropriate.

Anyway, I am not in the mood for pedantry – I have just handed in my notice and the world is a happy place :o)

Dave

Drillski
    Free Member

I saw a stag at cannock yesterday at the view point atop the monkey…. impressive aren’t they.

Was he complaining about the braking bumps too?? 🙄

scaredypants

I saw a stag at cannock … atop the monkey

Now, I know it’s the rut an’ all

But a monkey ??!! 😯

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Spooky coincidence?’ is closed to new replies.