Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Sponsored Ride for Autism?
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

Hi, My son was recently diagnosed as having Autism Spectrum Disorder, and I am finding myself compulsivly urged to give something back to all the people that support the sufferers and families, so I want to create a charity ride for the National Autism Society. I have yet to set it up, but I am thinking of making a loop between Farley Mount, Winchester and QE2 Country Park near Petersfield. Would be in the summer. Could do a 24hr or something. Anyone interested?

slugwash
    Free Member

Hi AndyRT, my ten year old sons has Aspergers and over the last few years we’ve received valuable support from the NAS. I’ve always felt that we should make the effort to give something back but have shied away from the bigger organised NAS sponsered events (London to Paris, etc) as we haven’t been confident about raising the necessary amount of money expected on these events. I’m very interested in your idea so, provisionaly, count me in. Late summer/ early autumn would be best for me as I’ve just tapped my friends and colleagues for some dosh for the Clic24 MTB race event http://www.clic24.org.uk/ so my givers need a small break before I start waving sponsorship forms in front of them again 🙂 e-mail in profile.

Rich.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Thanks Rich,I’ll keep you posted.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Sponsored Ride for Autism?’ is closed to new replies.