Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Spongy Joplin
  • timraven

I’m sure this has been covered, but I can’t find it.

Joplins been fine for about a year, apart from the vast quantities of mud that it likes to swallow. However, it is now spongy at the top and bottom of it’s travel, no answer from 2pure and I’m off to Switchbacks in Spain on Saturday. Anybody had the problem and cured it?

I’ve worked through all the trouble shooting instructions to no avail.

Thanks

RDL-82
    Free Member

Have you undone the collar and cycles the post up and down several times, usually gets mine behaving again.
    Having said that though mine has just come back from 2pure due to oil contamination which amongst other problems was causing some spongy-ness. Had trouble getting a response from them via email, so rang in the end and everything was great from then on.

timraven

Done that, no difference.

Spent a long while waiting for an answer on the phone, ended up with a message basically saying “go away, email us”

Junkyard
    Free Member

is it a the correct air pressure?
    IME it means there is not enough oil in it or the air pressure is set incorrectly

Gnnr

Exactly the same problem here! No spring to my Joplin post.
    Also no replies to emails?

Expect its due to Easter hols as Ran at 2pure is usually good at returning emails.

dazzlingboy

Mine been with them for nearly 3 weeks – was told 10 working days turnaround. So not looking so good for Easter hols then eh?

mr_mills
    Free Member

If it’s spongy at the top (i.e. it moves down a bit without pressing the lever) it normally means there isn’t enough oil in it.

You’ll need to top up the oil and air to the correct levels (which will depend on whether it’s a 3 or a 4).

The manual / troubleshooting doesn’t go into this sort of stuff – it doesn’t even explain about the air pressure and how to set it (this is something I have to do on mine every few weeks when it starts to not want to spring back up).

timraven

Right, getting a bit fed up with 2pure now! No reply to 2 emails and no reply on the phone!

Anybody got a pdf or similar instruction set for topping up the oil and air in a Joplin 3

nuke

YGM

argyle
    Free Member

ran is no longer at 2pure, neither is ryan.

OP sounds like you need to do an oil change.

nuke

ran is no longer at 2pure, neither is ryan.

That’s not good news. Both have been my previous contacts for getting problems resolved.

timraven

Nuke,thanks all received very handy, many thanks.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Spongy Joplin’ is closed to new replies.