Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Spesh Eskar 2bliss leaking air thru sides?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

Stuck an Eskar 2bliss on yesterday, got a good seal relatively quickly pumped it up but noticed some minute bubbles from all around the sidewalls. after a couple of hours there wasn’t a massive drop in pressure but when I went back this evening it’s flat. Seal is still in tact and I’m sure the air is escaping through the sidewall…is there anything I can treat the sidewalls with to prevent leakage? Pretty new to the endless faff that is tubeless so any advice is welcome..

easygirl

Have you got stans sealant in, that will seal holes

angryratio
    Free Member

Lots of shaking will assist.

I find them wonderful with tubes all the same.

MussEd
    Free Member

Yeah Stans sealant in there, maybe more agitation required. Thought there may be some gluey type stuff to rub on outside?

angryratio
    Free Member

I ran ghetto for a while and generally conti stuff sealed without fail.
    Spesh tubeless stuff had me reaching for the booze to calm me down.

Eskars are superb all rounders so as and when you get them holding 30psi for a few days you’ll like um.

ChrisL

I just fitted a pair of Eskars to a set of new Spesh Traverse wheels, using Specialized’s own sealant. They weren’t holding air but after a ride today they seem to have improved. I think that the sealant hadn’t distributed itself around the tyre very effectively but spinning them around for a few hours has hopefully done the trick. 🙂

emmodd
    Free Member

I had the same issue. Added a bit more sealant and hey presto, the tyres hold their pressure. The Eskar and Purgatory are very good tyres, especially when you consider how little they cost.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Funny you should mention this, I had to pump gallons of sealant into my eskar to keep it up, way more than it said on the bottle. Prob no air left in there in the end as it was full of sealant. Back on tubes now as couldn’t be bothered faffing again after a tyre split.

MussEd
    Free Member

Wee drop more sealant in, lots shaking and spinning round, will check back later, thanks all!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Spesh Eskar 2bliss leaking air thru sides?’ is closed to new replies.