Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Speeding
  • nomadic
    Free Member

Got clocked by a handheld on the A1(M) in april at night doing 91! the policewoman said i could have fixed penalty of 3 points and 60 quid if i surrendered my licence to her on the spot! unfortunately I was going abroad the following weekend and needed the licence for the hire car, so she said it would go to court, and i would still get 3 points but fine could be 100! fair enough I thought! Licence came back this morning, 4 points and 360 fine! ouch!!!

sv

'It's not speeding that causes the accidents it's the not being able to stop'. I had a motorbike for about 5 years and always said if I ever got caught speeding in the car I was getting away lightly. The SV has gone and with it the risk of losing my license!

Smee
    Free Member

nomadic – she didn't have a clue what she was talking about there obviously. you dont need to surrender your licence to accept the fixed penalty.

nomadic
    Free Member

smee, thats an interesting point, and i will be appealing, as i think the verdict is a little harsh!

Harry_the_Spider

Done the course.

I will never speed again if it means that I have to spend time with disagreeable knobs like one of the blokes on our table.

Stephen from Ramsbottom, if you are reading this (but I doubt that you will be as you probably spend all of your free time basking in your own awesomeness) you are a knob.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

and i will be appealing, as i think the verdict is a little harsh!

Can you appeal once you have 'accepted' the charge?

GrahamS

Hmm.. old thread, but just read this bit:

scott_mcavennie2 – Member

…They spotted me on the triple carriageway section of the A1 in Cambridgeshire and followed me for 14 miles. They knew that, as I was driving a hire van, I probably wouldn't slow down when it went down to a dual carriageway.

Maybe they were more worried that you apparently think there is a "triple carriageway" with a different speed restriction than a dual carriageway?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Maybe they were more worried that you apparently think there is a "triple carriageway" with a different speed restriction than a dual carriageway?

😆

GrahamS

😆 ?

GrahamS

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Speeding’ is closed to new replies.