• This topic has 47 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Del.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • spectacle wearer's
  • Northwind

I don’t always wear protective glasses over my contacts, but when I do, sometimes I am glad…

Huck to eyeball at innerleithen.

chiefgrooveguru

On the subject of safety glasses, any recommendations? Too many have annoying bits of text/logo on the lens which messes with the peripheral vision, so anything which gives maximum undistorted coverage would be ideal.

Northwind

That there’s a Bolle BL10, I keep coming back to them- good wrap, fit my face perfectly, nice and clear (tiny wee bit of distortion near the nose but I don’t notice it unless I go looking). Also available in a usefully dark tint (er, and a welding tint, if you need to go for a ride on the sun)

And yeah, quite sturdy obviously! They scratch a little too easily but then, they’re very cheap.

chiefgrooveguru

They look good! How do the arms fit? I can’t wear glasses like Oakleys (or hold a pen behind my ear) because my ears are too tidy and don’t have space for arms that curve like that.

Northwind

The arms are flat- about 2mm thick? They have a reasonable downward curve, you can see it in the pic. Also a slight inward curve but they’re pretty springy.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve been riding in specs since I started but am getting contacts next thrusday and have ordered some safety glasses for it. These:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150890681460?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

They should give lots of coverage; there’s not really anything to get in the way of my vision and they’ve got a hydrophobic coating to stop them steaming up. You can also get them with a yellow lense but there’s no hydrophobic coating.

therag
    Free Member

I wear my everyday driving glasses, got the optician to heat and bend the arms around ears as much as possible and they stay on quite well. The inside is always covered in sweat and steam up, the outside always covered with rain and mud. I also got some Oakley crosshair 2 prescription sun glasses which I rode in about five times and the sweat has attacked the Crome coating.
    Ill probably try some prescription safety glasses next.

Del

mate has used these and likes them
    I’ve used these and found them useful
    they do scratch up but i think i got about 6 months out of mine and i was none too careful with them.
    also go for a front crud and a pi55 flap on the fork combination. it’s noticeable and frequently remarked on that i have a significantly cleaner face than others who use just one or the other, or neither, at the end of our rides with a 30mph descent on it. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘spectacle wearer's’ is closed to new replies.