Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • DAB/WI-FI/Network Radios? – anyone have the Tivoli Network model?
  • somafunk

Don’t get Digital radio where i live in Galloway as i found out when i bought a Tivoli model 10 (very nice radio) to replace my Tivoli Model One and Tivoli Pal, so i sold it on ebay, only lost £10 so i wasn’t that miffed.

I do use the Tunein radio app or the Tivoli radio app on the iphone and bluetooth that to a wee sony bluetooth mw600 headphone headset that’s plugged in to the Aux in on the Tivoli Model one but you lose a bit of the sound quality over bluetooth and if i get a call it blares out the Tivoli and it’s all a bit of a faff to be honest.

My only option i guess is to get a wifi enabled/network radio, trouble is i like Tivoli and their sound quality is outstanding, i’ve owned my other Tivoli radios for over 10 years and they’re fantastic sounding units and value for money as they get listened to for hours every day (never owned a tv) but the network Tivoli wi extra speaker is £500…ouch, but for the amount of use it would get i figure it would be worth it over time.

Does anyone own of these radios?, what is your impression of it, worth it or not?, or if you do have a network/wi-fi radio what model do you use and how would you describe the sound quality? (my #1issue), finished quality of the radio and ease of use to find and search for stations etc.

Cheers folks,

camster
    Free Member

Hi, not sure if this helps but I have a Revo Axis DAB radio which also links to the Internet over wifi and will also play music on my hard drive. I only really use the dab radio or connect my iPhone to play mp3. I think the sound quality is excellent although it’s only mono, it’s fine though in the kitchen.

No experience of the Tivoli.

somafunk

I did look at the Revo Axis wifi/dab as it gets 5star reviews pretty much everywhere and it’s a helluva decent price for all the functions but i’d ideally prefer a stereo capability as my Model One has an additional speaker you can place for true stereo sound and it does sound **** excellent. Saying that i’ve never played about with the Revo in a shop and compared the sound quality but thats just it, what can sound decent in a shop will sound totally different when you get it home, it’s plastic isn’t it?, thats another little foible i don’t care for, i’d prefer a wood cabinet or surround…yeah i admit i’m a fussy arse, but i’ll have to live with it for years.

Next time i’m heading up at Glasgow i may have a hunt about online beforehand and see what stores stock the largest range and go for a listen and play regarding all of them.

Cheers,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘DAB/WI-FI/Network Radios? – anyone have the Tivoli Network model?’ is closed to new replies.