Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Specialized Tricross Sport 2010
  • plumber
    Free Member

Has the brake judder issue been solved? can you still fit mud guards as the brake holder thingy seems to go through the guard fixing hole.

Anyone got a 2010? good or bad.

For light touring, commuting, bivvy biking etc.

Cheers y'all

Plum

bassspine
    Free Member

I don't own one, but the shop where I work has sold several
    brake judder seems to be much sorted
    '10 brake mount makes it a PITA to fit a mudguard, but it is possible. You just have to monkey around with the brackets

JACKTHELAD
    Free Member

I have a 2009 with new bracket fitted,the original bracket was just below the handlebars,the new bracket is fitted just above top of the forks.Also mudguards fitted no problem
    all bike shops have cured this problem with the new bracket,if not then force them to rectify it,but I think you would find it hard not to find a tricross with the work not done.The tires are crap if doing canal paths picks up punctures easy.Hope this has helped.

plumber
    Free Member

Thank you all – thats a new bike sorted then.

I was gonna ask for cross tyres to be put on too

Ta

Plum

bassspine
    Free Member

I'd argue with the tyre comment – I use Boroughs on my hybrid (not a Tricross, but same tyre), which spends a lot of time on the Exeter ship canal towpath and they are fine until worn out (they do get paper thin on the tread and get puncture-y but that takes some mileage – bearing in mind that I work on my bike as a cycle instructor and do a lorra lorra miles)

ctznsmith
    Free Member

I've found the Borough CX tyres on my '08 brilliant on the road, found chunks of glass in them without punctures.

Rubbish as soon as you hit anything that looks remotely like mud though.

bassspine
    Free Member

now that, ctznsmith, I'd go along with

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Tricross Sport 2010’ is closed to new replies.