Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Specialized Rime – Boa twisty thing stuck, any ideas?
  • fatmax

Hi
    I’m looking for some help please folks. And I know that some of that help will involve ‘there’s nowt wrong with laces’ chat!
    I’ve just bought some Specialized Rime shoes in the sales. Tried them on out of the box and they seemed great, and the Boa thing worked a treat. Just gone to use them now though (first time properly on the bike) and I can’t undo one of the Boa twisty dials. Is this a common problem? Is there a knack for loosening it off (it’s just one shoe)? It tightens just fine on the side that I can’t loosen.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks
    Fraser

GrahamS

Is it the type of Boa where you pull the dial up to unlock and loosen it?
    If so does it not pull up or just not loosen when you do?

fatmax

Nope, doesn’t pull up, nor does the one that is working. Got the Boa system on my snowboard boots so know what you mean.

Sundayjumper

They can get tangled inside, my Rimes did the same. Open it up – needs a tiny Torx drive IIRC – and it’ll be obvious what’s wrong.

Or if you don’t fancy that, you can buy a new Boa dial unit thingy and replace the whole thing.

GrahamS

Yeah I’ve had them jam on my snowboard boots before.

Nothing quite like being stuck in one snowboard boot in a snowy car park in the middle of nowhere – I had to cut the wire to get out of it. 😕

These days I always carry the little hex driver with me and pack spare wires in my kit.

steezysix
    Free Member

Boa offer free replacements if their dials break, you just need to go on their website. I had the same issue as you, took it off and it freed up. I did buy a couple of spares for holidays/tours as I wouldn’t want it happening in the middle of a trip. I think they’re about £6 each.

fatmax

Folks
    That all sounds really useful and helpful, thanks for taking the time to respond.
    I’ll if I have small enough Torx bolt to undo it.
    Cheers
    F

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Rime – Boa twisty thing stuck, any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.