Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Specialized Epic Rear Shock problem – spare part needed
  • seany_e_boy
    Free Member

I own a 2005 Specialized Epic With the brain on the rear shock (Fox). The Shock has an extension arm on the end which connects it to the frame. THe extension arm has snapped.

I have rang specialized and they are unable to get the part. I basically do not know what to do now or who to speak to.

Does anyone know where i should go next or maybe have a knackered shock which i could have the extension arm. I am prepared to pay the going rate.

I can post some pictures later if anyone needs some more detail of the setup.

angryratio
    Free Member

mojo may carry the spare..

fivespot
    Free Member

You need to see a mechanical engineer 😉

seany_e_boy
    Free Member

BuMp for the lunch crowd.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Did someone not get a mounting bracket from SBC recently?

Must be different part I guess.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Make / bodge one from a P clip or similar.
    I assume you mean the bit on the seatstay that holds the brain in place?
    Must be room for some gaffa tape and zip ties in there surely?

seany_e_boy
    Free Member

No its other end. Its the magnesium alloy bit which connects to the 'Carbon link' it has basically snapped.

just e mailed MOJO to see if they can get it. Might have to buy an old epic frame from ebay if i cant get hold of one.

How do i put a picture on here?, just tried and it wont copy/paste.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Host the pic on flickr and copy the URL and use the IMG function to add pic.

retro83
    Free Member

Or upload to tinypic and copy/paste the [ img ] link it generates

Marge
    Free Member

I assume you mean the 'top' part you can see here directly below the carbon pivot. This unscrews from the main part of the shock as you mention.

seany_e_boy
    Free Member

cheers marge, thats the bit.

Roughly 98mm from the center of the bolt to the mating surface with the shock

seany_e_boy
    Free Member

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Epic Rear Shock problem – spare part needed’ is closed to new replies.