Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • SPD Shoes have just arrived!
  • willard

Spec Tahoes and a pair of Shimano SPD pedals.

I have to admit, the Tahoes are a good fit and are very comfy. I’m wearing them in the office at the moment and they don’t look stupid or out of place. Pedals will be going on my road bike at lunchtime so that I can practice clipping in and out before moving to my Malt 2 for the trip to the lakes.

But… Really impressed with them, and can’t wait to try them in anger.

stumpy01

Is this your first time using spd’s?

When I got my first set, I fitted them & spent ages riding round & round the grassy bit at the end of my road clipping in/out/in/out. I clipped out & back in while going quite fast & very slow. I practiced coming to a halt & clipping out. It all went well.
    Feeling pleased with myself, I pedalled the 50yds or so back to the house, came to a halt…….and forgot to clip out!! Cue grabbing the window sill as I went down & being perched at about 45 degrees, unable to pull myself back up. In the end I had to face the fact that I was going to have to let myself drop.

It’s those moments when you aren’t thinking about it that will get you to start with, like coasting up to a set of traffic lights! Good luck!

Oh, and back the spring tension right off to start with.

R.lepecha

Feeling pleased with myself, I pedalled the 50yds or so back to the house, came to a halt…….and forgot to clip out!! Cue grabbing the window sill as I went down & being perched at about 45 degrees, unable to pull myself back up. In the end I had to face the fact that I was going to have to let myself drop.

I did something very similar, only I was riding about the streets and I went round to my mates house and was riding around for a bit un clipping many times. Got to my mates house, stopped, forgot to un clip and collapsed sideways onto his dads van.

sweatyyeti
    Free Member

I found it was very worth while getting a pair of SH56 multi release cleets to get the hang of it before moving on to the single release ones.

Lost count of the numbers of bushes I fell in after forgetting I was cliped in with the single release ones.

alfabus
    Free Member

everyone falls at least once…. just try to make sure the first time you ‘forget’ is on some nice soft grass.

got my missus on spds and she promptly binned it at some traffic lights on a dual carriageway!!

Dave

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

You’ll find Shimano have helpfully pre-set the spring tension just right for a beginner 😈

willard

Tension a bit too tight is it?

Right, off to make some adjustments…

captain-slow
    Free Member

will never forget the time I came round a bend at swinley to see big al lying on his back with his bike upside down on top of him

he remembered to clip out before stopping after that 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

everyone falls at least once..

I haven’t yet, been using on road for a while now. Clearly a superior human being.. 😆

seven
    Free Member

well as they say prided does come before a fall 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

I have come very close so it’s only a matter of time.

portlyone

plus 1 for window sill grabbing!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘SPD Shoes have just arrived!’ is closed to new replies.